☾Chapter Twenty-One☽

(Edited 12/29/15)

Vladimira's P.O.V

What have I gotten myself into?

I don't have time to think over the question before the leather glove of the demon wraps around my throat tighter.

"Queen Vladimira, you're very audacious to come here after your father single-handedly annihilated the majority of my demons out of pure anger," Harlan growls.

Breathing becomes difficult as I stare into the demons cold, lifeless eyes that resemble the pits of hell.

At the moment, he looks like a normal human, but if I push my luck too much, he'll no doubt reveal his true self. He'll lose his luscious, black hair and replace it with horns, his clothes will shred to reveal his deteriorated wings and his skin texture will change to a rough, crackling mess.

Once again, what have I gotten myself into?

I'm doing this because of my unborn pup. Since my father isn't going to protect me anymore, I need someone, other than Collin, to help me protect my child.

So that's how I found myself driving out of the city limits towards the closet supernatural species that isn't werewolves: Demons.

Running on no sleep isn't helping my case either. Instead of immediately taking Collin up on his offer for me to be a roommate with one of his pack members, I came here after eating lunch with him.

What the hell possessed me to do this?

Greer rolls her eyes at me. 'How could you be so stupid, Vladimira? You've put our child in danger while trying to do the exact opposite. We still have our powers, use them if he gets too violent,' She insists.

I rip Harlan's hand from my throat with a grunt. "Your succubi and incubi were creating demonic werewolf hybrids that my father wouldn't allow in his kingdom, he simply ridded us of that problem."

Flashback

Contrary to popular belief, my father and I hardly spend time in our castle, only when there's a epidemic of sorts or other emergencies.

In this case, the epidemic is the sexualizing of some of our men and women. Three women have complained that they're expecting a child of demonic descent and more than enough of our men have been apart of a coupling with a succubus.

After the death of one of our fellow subjects because of forced sexual intercourse with an incubi, my father and I decided that we're tired of this random attack.

We finally called in one of the victims, who's expecting a wretched demonic child, to tell us of her experience.

My father was beyond furious, he was sure that he had established an adequate deal with the Demon King, Harlan, to insure that any type of demon from his species wouldn't mess with our werewolves.

A knock at the door told us that the victim, Leilani, was here.

"Let her in," My father commands.

The two servants standing guard in front of the doors open them to allow her in.

A girl with blonde, nearly white, hair and grey eyes walks through the door. Her dress squeezed her pregnant body, a sign that she needs another dress designed solely because of her growing body.