☾Chapter Thirteen☽

(Edited 9/11/15)

Titus's P.O.V

Stretching out my torso, I release a muffled, pain-filled scream. The burning in my abdomen only intensified, despite my recent efforts to do the exact opposite.

Vladimira had done some damage, a lot of damage actually.

I'm not reviving at my normal rate, and my injuries were serious, life-threatening even.

For the most part, my pack doctor, Daniel, who's related to Dmitri's pack doctor, was able to treat the injuries to my lungs for the most part, but I still can't breath all that well.

My ribs are a different story though. It was almost as if my body was compacted and my ribs were the main target.

It hurt like hell to be honest, and resetting them was even worse than breaking them.

And I went through all that for a damn baby!

I release a harsh laugh as I push myself up on my bed before laying down on my pillows, cautious of my injuries.

'I don't know why I tried to even be in that disgraces life, mine or not, Vladimira won't let me anywhere near that child,' I growl to Nixon.

He huffs. 'That's still our pup, if an incident where we have to communicate with our child comes up, we have to be civil and acknowledge the fact that that's our pup.'

I roll my eyes.

There will never been an incident like that. I'll never see my child, and it's not like I didn't try.

I came for the wellbeing of my child and the mother of my child because of some terrifying message and what happens? I get all my ribs broken!

'The annual ball is in exactly seventeen days. All packs are invited, we can make our move then,' Nixon says, suddenly having an epiphany.

I stand up slowly before beginning to pace.

'Are you implying that you want to keep trying? Vladimira obviously doesn't want us there!' I yell angrily.

Nixon gives a hum to confirm his statement. 'I don't know about you, but I don't like when I'm denied from things I desire, and I desire to be in that child's life.'

I laugh. 'I think we share that trait,' I reply as I think of the night my child was conceived.

Vladimira had denied me, multiple times actually, but I just kept on forcing myself onto her.

It's my fault...

'Alright, it's settled then. We're going to start being the father that our child deserves.'

••

Vladimira's P.O.V

My father's glare burns into the side of my head, daring me to eat slower.

"Vladimira, stop playing with your food and eat it. You have to feed another being now, so stop neglecting my grandpup," He commands.

I rub my stomach through my thin rob, ignoring his command.

The next thing I know, my father's rough palm is resting on my uncovered arm.

Angrily, I rip my arm away from him.

"I thought we talked about this, Father. My skin is becoming very sensitive; don't touch me," I growl.

My father smirks. "And I thought we talked about this, Mira. I'm your alpha; don't command me," He retorts.