☾Chapter Twenty-Two☽

(Edited 1/1/16)

Vladimira's P.O.V

"Do you wish to have a one-on-one conversation with Xavier, Greer?" was our father's next line.

Greer thinks over the question before replying. "No, I just wanted to notify you that we made it safely to our destination," She breathes.

Father's voice softens. "That's amazing, just make sure to stay safe, okay? Your two guards are there to protect you."

I resist the urge to suck in a breath, not like my father would hear it considering I'm not the one in control, and relax.

Two guards were sent with me! How could I forget about them? They probably saw me with the demons and everything!

Wait... Aren't they under my control? I can just command them to keep their mouths shut.

Satisfied with my solution, I listen in on the conversation Greer's having with Father again.

"I'll be safe, don't worry. Also, the threat from the anonymous person-"

"I know, I questioned the man in the dungeon after you left," Father cuts us off.

Greer gasps lightly. "What did he say?" She wonders.

"He said he was hired by somebody who worked for the man over the whole operation, so he doesn't know any clue about his main employer," Father begins. "He concluded that he was sent to disable you at the ball. The man was shocked that you still had combats skills even with being pregnant. Shortly after he spilled that information, I killed him."

Suspiciously, Greer says to me, 'do you think he really killed him? It wouldn't be the first time that Father tortured one of our captives to release some of his anger,' She wonders.

'Ask him,' I answer simply.

Greer clears her throat. "You killed him, right? You didn't torture him, Father?" She asks. I stiffen when the line goes quiet.

He tortured him.

"Greer," Father pauses, "Yes, I tortured him, but he's dead now," He says before Greer can cut in with an expletive.

Our father only tortures our captives when he's livid and needs a way to vent, never have I known him to just torture somebody plainly for the intent to have blood on his hands.

Greer coughs awkwardly. "Should I be worried about somebody trying to hurt me?"

My father laughs, but there's no emotion evident in the hoarse sound. "I'd be stupid to not use my multitude of powers to protect you."

The line goes quiet after he says that, and Greer's left blubbering for a reply that isn't related to what he just said.

"I've, u-uh, found a place to stay. It's cheap considering how long I'm staying," She rambles.

Our father hums in approval. "Greer, is there something else you need to say?"

Greer stops pacing. "Actually, yes," She whispers before breathing deeply to gather her courage. "Do you love me? Does Xavier love me? Are you happy that I left?" She says all in one breath.

I wanted to so badly stop her from saying those things, to stop her from sounding desperate, from sounding idiotic!

She doesn't need to know the answers to those questions, it doesn't matter if the answers are no or yes, it will still stick with us and prohibit us from moving on with our life.