☾Chapter Forty-Seven☽

Warning: There is Sexual Content in This Chapter

Vladimira's P.O.V

The looks on our pack members' faces can only be described as pure terror and disbelie
When my father exited the large, factory-like building with my mother clinging to him, there were multiple gasps and startled screeches. However, after some of the shock wore off, the pack got down on their knees and bowed to us.

"We're so relieved that you're okay, Your Majesties," One of our pack members said.

My father's blue eyes scanned over the meadow that held mostly our warriors before nodding. "Thank you for pulling together and working to find us. I'm proud of all of you for stepping up to the plate when I was... absent." He looks down at my mother, who smiles at him. "And if it isn't obvious, my mate, your queen, has miraculously returned from the grave," he informs the pack.

Jared cleared his throat. "Alpha, we had a little foreign help with finding you," he announces cautiously.

Out step Harlan, Leilani, and Atticus. Four hell hounds followed behind them. Leilani had her arm linked with Atticus's while Harlan walked in front of them.

Like expected, my father narrows his eyes. "The help you got was from demons?" He asks through clenched teeth.

Harlan glances at me. "We helped because of our deal with Vladimira, meaning we did it to protect her and her child," he clarifies as his eyes scan over Aaron.

Titus steps closer to me when my father's head whips to me. His eyes are angry as he slowly asks, "Why are you making deals with our enemy?"

I can feel the eyes of our pack members on me, and I try to ignore my mother as she rubs slow circles on her mate's bicep in an attempt to calm him.

"If something happened to me while I was in Galveston, I needed a back up plan," I explain. "Just in case you weren't there for me," I whisper.

His eyes soften. "Vladimira, I'd never do that."

I resist the urge to say, "But you did do that. When the plus sign showed up that pregnancy test, you abandoned me when I needed you the most."

Leilani clears her throat. "It's good to see you, Dmitri," she greets.

Some pack memebers turn to look at her. They know who she is. Leilani's situation was a popular topic in conversations.

My father's eyes turn to her before he gives her a nod. "Same to you, Leilani," he greets.

Leilani is still a platnum blonde, her skin is just as pale as the last time I saw her, and her eyes are a dark, red color. She's wearing a intricately designed lace shirt and a simple pair of jeans. Atticus and Harlan are dressed in the same casual/fancy matter.

"Anyway," Harlan interrupts the silence that has filled the meadow, "The deal simply stated that if we helped protect Vladimira and her child, which we did, we would receive something in return," He informs my father.

He closes his eyes and sighs. "What do you want?"

Harlan and Leilani share a look. "I think it would best if we talk in private about that," Leilani answers.

With a stiff nod, my father examines the pack. "Vladimira, you'll come with me. Saffron, you'll stay here and allow Daniella to see if you have any injuries. Jared, take a few men, scan the building, and take any remaining people as prisoners.

"As for the rest of you, tend to any injuries you have or somebody else has, and then prepare to keep moving. We need to get somewhat close to our land before sundown," He orders.