☾Chapter Twenty-Three☽

Titus's P.O.V

Sipping a cup of coffee and watching the sunset are the only things keeping me calm while waiting for Vladimira in the quaint-sized cottage the Moon Goddess had taken me to.

I so desperately want to see my unborn child that Vladimira is so graciously carrying. On another note though, the pure pride of getting The Luna Queen pregnant might play a role in it.

How did I manage to even get close enough to Vladimira to get her pregnant?

With all of Dmitri's spies and the elite bodyguards that he hand-picks to guard over him and his daughter, I think even looking at Vladimira in a public area is an adversity for somebody in the werewolf kingdom.

Yet, here I am, waiting for her with The Moon Goddess. How lucky am I?

'Too lucky if you ask me. Dmitri could have killed us so many times by now,' Nixon reminds me.

Right. How could I forget about Dmitri?

It's not like he is the ruler of all werewolves. It's not like he's capable of magic that could disintegrate a whole group of people in a matter of seconds. It's not like his wolf, Xavier, is a complete sadist.

Technically, Dmitri could have killed me by now. Not only did I have sex with his one and only daughter, but I got her pregnant. I have also disrespected him too many times to count.

"What's on your mind, My Child?" Diana cuts through my frantic thoughts. Her silver eyes stare at me expectingly, her high cheek bones and heart-shaped lips complimenting her white hair.

I shove my face into my hands. "I'm expecting a child and the mother is the Luna Queen, your granddaughter!"

Diana runs her fingers over my cheek in a nurturing gesture. "Calm yourself, Sterling. You'll stress yourself before you even get to see that baby's twinkling little eyes," She instructs. "I'm here to lessen your load and explain some things to you and Vladimira."

What things?

Before I can voice my question, a light knock resides at the door. I stand up abruptly, nearly knocking the chair back.

"Is that her?" I bark at Diana. With a glare, she moves her hand out in front of her, a motion that notifies me to calm down.

She opens the door to reveal a groggy Vladimira. Her cardigan hugs her body perfectly along with her shirt, clearly outlining her stomach.

My child isn't that big yet, but you could say Vladimira is medium-sized at the moment. Not too small, and not too big.

Still, she looks breathtakingly gorgeous, and, much to my horror, I feel a small attraction to Vladimira, something forbidden, something that shouldn't even register in the mind of someone like me—a simple alpha that is in no way royal.

"Vladimira, are you alright? You look... tired," Diana comprehends as she wraps an arm around Vladimira and pulls her into the cottage.

She releases a tired groan, her hand massaging her belly. "I am tired, I've had a long day and all I want to do is sleep," She groans again.