☾Chapter Thirty-One☽

Vladimira's P.O.V

He had left. He hasn't called me. He didn't leave any traces of himself either. He just left.

Like I wanted.

But, then again, that was a week ago and I'm still wondering if I made the right decision.

It's for the best though. Being eighteen weeks pregnant with seven weeks until I give birth, I have to start thinking of how factors in my life will affect the little strawberry growing inside me.

'That means we have to start preparing things for the baby. Whether we like it or not, we have to go back,' Greer reminds me.

On the bright side, I've been speaking to Titus over the phone, just filling him in on everything with the baby.

He has opened up to me and, in that, I've opened up to him. Feelings have started to sprout up in my heart, and the feeling that I'm betraying my unknown mate has started to bud.

Continuously, I blame the feelings on our baby, not wanting to believe that I'm desperately falling for my father's enemy.

I contemplate the thought of Titus being my husband, my mate, and fathering the child growing inside me or even getting me pregnant with his second child.

He's not my mate though. If he were, I would have felt the sparks exploding through my body the first time he touched me, the butterflies erupting in my stomach when he first looked in my eyes, the feeling of utter completeness when ever we had sex, the feeling of everlasting joy whenever I found out I was pregnant with his child.

But none of that happened.

Our sex is great, but not enough to make me feel complete. I love our baby to the moon and back, but I wanted to abort him when I first found out I was pregnant. The feeling that consumed me when he first touched me was one of utter disgust because I viewed him as a mere peasant, same goes for when I looked him in the eyes.

What about now, though, Vladimira? I can't help but ask myself.

I already know the answer. Sleep won't come easy if I answer it.

My phone rings which interrupts me from pulling my hair in a ponytail. A smile spreads across my face when I see Collin's name.

"Good morning, Vladimira. What's on your to-do list?" He asks.

I check my watch. "I have my ultrasound today to check on the little bugger. After that, I'm going to the mall to try and check some things off my long list of baby needs. You should come," I suggest.

Collin pounders it. "Alright. What time? Noon?"

"Mhm," I confirm.

••

Strawberry looks like an actual werewolf. He has a face, hands, feet and a heartbeat.

Tears pour down my face as I listen to the soft thumping of his heart, the slight movement of his fist on the screen.

Can my father handle the fact that this baby is now my everything? That I'm adapting to motherhood so well?

What started out as a cell that I hated has now turned into an almost-baby that has all my love.

"He's a quick one. His head is already in the down right position," Gracie applauds before glancing back at me. "How many BH contractions have you felt lately?"

Too many...

"I feel them at night mostly, that's when the baby's the most active, about every 10 minutes for an hour," I shrug.