Chapter 55

Continued...

I head down to the kitchen to grab a drink and wait for Hannah. I can't believe I didn't think of that sooner. Amanda. Of course. The second Ethan and I became a thing, or whatever, Grayson started acting super inappropriate and bizarre and not to mention that attack that happened a while ago. I mean, I'm not saying Amanda had anything to do with it but maybe she had an accomplices to try and finish me off. That's some pretty messed up shit.

I sit on my kitchen counter and sip my lemonade. I can't wait to tell Hannah everything.

Almost an hour has passed and I finally hear a car pull up outside. Thank you Jesus. I place my cup down and hurriedly jump off the counter to open the door. I stand in my front patio and wave at Hannah and she waves back. Okay, she actually looks really pissed off. She gets out of the car and slams the door shut.

"Hey Han, you wanna drink or any-"

Before I could finish my sentence she aggressively walks right passed me causing me to lose my balance a little.

She whispers under her breath.

"That motherfucker..."

Woah. I had no idea she would be this bothered about it.

I quickly turn around and run back inside and shut the door. Hannah is already in the kitchen getting herself a drink. Man, this is going to be a long conversation. I walk into the kitchen and stand there with a confused expression. She stares at me. I know exactly what she's thinking.

"Girl, seriously. I can't even with this Grayson dude."

She takes a seat and slowly shakes her head.

I sit back on the kitchen counter.

"Hannah... What if...-"

She looks up and her voice becomes strident.

"Please tell me you're not defending that asshole. Oh god, Mia... Come on!"

I jump off the kitchen counter and walk over to her.

"Look, just hear me out okay?!"

She says nothing and looks away.

"Hannah... Please..."

I sit next to her to try and get her attention.

She looks at me with furrowed brows.

"Go on."

I place a strand of hair behind my ear before forming my words. Oh god, here goes nothing.

I breathe in and my words come out faster than intended.

"What if Amanda is behind all of this? What if she's the one that started all of this bullshit to try and get Ethan and I to break up? Think about it Han... The second Ethan and I started hanging out more and talking about how we feel about one another, that's when Grayson started acting like that..."

Hannah's hand is covering her mouth. There is complete silence.

"Please tell me I didn't just sound like a psycho..." 

She finally speaks but can barely fathom what I just told her.

"Hooooly shit." She says to herself.

Is that all? Okay, I probably shouldn't have jumped to conclusions but that is the only thing that would make sense... Right?

Hannah gets up and walks to the patio door then starts pacing around the kitchen. She looks so fucking mad right now. My eyes follow her every movement.

"Hannah, look maybe I'm wrong but you saw it too, you saw how everything started changing between Grayson and I.

She finally stops and scoffs out an awkward laugh.

"Oh, my god. Of course! It all makes sense now! Holy shit, why didn't we think about that earlier."

"I'm telling myself the exact same thing."

She comes and sits back down and takes a massive gulp of her drink.

"Mia, what if Grayson and Amanda are doing this together? Grayson probably doesn't like the idea of his twin brother dating and Amanda hates the idea of her ex dating? This is some messed up shit!"

My eyebrows form into a perplexed expression.

A short nervous laugh comes out.

"What? No, no, no. No way. How did you even come up with that theory?"

Hannah grabs me by my shoulders.

"Oh, my god. Mia. Think about it. Amanda hates your guts and Grayson is probably feeling left out because his brother is in a relationship or whatever it is that you and Ethan are."

I laugh.

"You're insane! Hannah, why would Grayson even go to that extent to try and break us up?! Let alone partner up with that Amanda chick? No, nuh uh."

She drops her head and breathes out in frustration. She releases her grip from my shoulders and looks at me. I slowly shake my head. I don't even want to think about that. I don't want it to be true.

"Shit..." I whisper.

I lean my elbows on the counter and rest my hands on my forehead. What if she's right? How on earth am I suppose to approach Grayson and ask him?

Fuck.