Chapter 32

I've been driving for what feels like forever. I can barely keep my eyes open and I'm shaking. Luckily I'm almost there or else I'd pass out and god knows what will happen. There's barely any traffic and the sun is almost setting. I find a parking spot which will be easy to find later on and check my self in the rare view mirror. I look completely dead. It's obvious I've been crying a ton but I can't help it. I was strong for way too long and now it's all coming out at once and to be honest, it feels that little bit better.

I open the car door and hop out. I shut it with full force and begin walking. This feels good for my aching soul, the hills and greenery calm my mind. I turn my phone off because I really don't want to be speaking to anybody today. Especially not today.

~Hannah's POV~

I've been trying to get a hold of Mia for an hour now and I'm worried. Shit, I'm not worried I'm actually terrified. She's gone there alone and I was stupid enough to give her my car and let her go. I'm not her mom so I can't tell her what to do but she's been a mess ever since her and Ethan had that fall out.

I pace around my room still trying to communicate with Mia, but nothing. There's probably no service out there. I can't believe I'm doing this but I'm gonna call Ethan up. Mia is gonna kill me for this but she left in such a state and is capable of doing something crazy. I scroll through my contacts list and ring Ethan. I feel my voice shake.

"Ethan? Hello? It's Hann... I need you right now okay. Mia isn't answering her phone and she's gone hiking, or so she says. I'm really scared, I don't know what to do because she's a complete mess-" he cuts me off.

"What?! What do you mean? Why'd you let her go on her own Hannah?! Did she say where she was going?" He sounds just as terrified.

"I can't remember what it was called but it was the place you showed her... The one with the view she said."

"shit." He whispers.

He hangs up before I say anything else

He hangs up before I say anything else. If anything happens to her... I will never forgive myself.

~ Mia's POV~

I hike up to the top and find the rock where Ethan and I sat on. I feel a cool breeze, it blows my hair in every direction and I can see the sunset better from up here. I stare at my surroundings and my eyes begin to get watery. I feel this urge to scream my lungs out and cry with every strength I have left.

I breathe in deep and let out a scream and hold my stomach. I have my eyes closed shut and picture the hills vibrating and crumbling down. Tears are streaming down my cheeks and it burns. I scream even louder and cry even harder... This feels good but numbing at the same time. I have so many emotions trapped inside of me that screaming is the only way to let it go. I stop and open my eyes slowly. My breathing is rapid and my vision is blurry but everything around me is still and I feel light weight almost like I can fly.

I close my eyes and have my arms out beside me, I picture them as wings and the breeze touches every inch of my skin making me shiver. I block out the sound around me and the only thing my mind wants me to hear and think about is the wind. I breathe in and out slowly.

Seconds later I hear a familiar voice scream my name. It's Ethan. Is this real?

"Mia! No!!"

He screams and I hear him run towards me. My eyes are still shut and the sound around me is distorted. I feel him forcefully grab my body and pulls me back causing us both to fall to the ground. Everything feels like slow motion and I can't comprehend what's happening.

I'm laying there... Crying. Ethan is still holding me tighter than ever.

"Mia! Look at me!" He makes me sit up but I can't even look at him. What just happened?

He grabs my face and holds it.

"Mia, look at me! Don't you ever do that again! Do you hear me?!" He holds my neck and cheek at the same time trying to bring me back to reality. Why can't I stop crying.

"Ethan..." I cry out. I have my hands holding my stomach. I feel like throwing up. I don't care anymore, I missed him so fucking much and my heart aches.

"Shh, don't say anything."

His tone of voice changes and he grabs me with both his arms and holds me tight. He kisses my neck all over and looks at me. I finally open my eyes. It's really him.
No words come out of my mouth, all I can do is stare at him. He has teary eyes and looks at me.

"Don't you ever do that again... Ever."

His voice is shallow and he pulls me closer to him. We're both sitting on the dusty gravelled ground and don't move, he keeps his arm around me and I nuzzle my head between his neck. My breathing is shallow and I'm exhausted from all the screaming. I didn't think my body could ever do that.