Chapter 33

Continued...

Ethan helps me up and keeps his arms around my waist. We don't exchange words and everything is silent. I feel his hands grip tight around my waist, almost like he never wanted me to leave. I'm completely drained of energy and my body is close to shutting down. He walks me to his car and is still holding onto me as he opens the door and helps me buckle my seat belt. I lift both my knees to my chest and wrap my arms around them and lean my head against the window. I hear Ethan get in and I feel him staring at me, I know he wants me to say something but I physically can't, I have no energy.

He starts the car and my eyes stay fixated on everything passing me by. We don't talk the entire journey and it feels weird. I can't imagine how he would be feeling, but most of all, I'm mad at Hannah for calling him. I was fine on my own... The whole point of me driving up there alone was to ease my mind. But at the same time I'm a little glad she called him, I haven't seen his face or heard his voice in forever and I missed it. I missed him.

We arrive back in my place. I unbuckle my seat belt and open the door to get out, I see Hannah run towards the car and she pulls me into a hug.

"Oh my god! Thank god you're okay. Mia, don't ever do that shit again." She hugs me tight and I try to laugh.

"I'm okay Hannah."

She let's go of me and I see Ethan walk towards me to help me. I begin to feel my eyes tear up again, I don't know why but I feel so emotional right now.
I walk towards my door and feel Ethan following me. Before I open the door I turn around and look at him straight in the face, my eyes are red and teary. I run to Ethan and hug him. He grabs me instantly and nuzzles his face between my neck; I begin crying.

"I'm so sorry

"I'm so sorry... I'm sorry I did this... Ethan, please-" I cry in between as I whisper those words. I nuzzle my face in between his neck too. I can't even speak. I feel his grip tighten and caresses my back.

"Shh... You don't need to explain yourself."

He caresses my back and kisses my neck. I've missed his lips on my skin and everything around me becomes a blur. I'm completely focused on the moment and I don't want to let go. His scent makes me feel like home and his touch sends a shiver down my spine. I slowly begin to let go and he looks at me with sadness and I can't help but feel responsible for it. I'm a selfish person for putting my best friend and him through it.

A few moments later I see Grayson come out of the house. It's still awkward being around him but I'm putting that past me and forgetting about it.
He walks towards us and looks relieved, I'm guessing Ethan told Grayson about what had happened.

"Hey..." He looks at me with a smile.

"Hey." I smile back.

"I heard what happened... I'm glad you're okay, Mia." He scratches the back of his neck and stands awkwardly.

" He scratches the back of his neck and stands awkwardly

"Thank you, that means a lot Gray."

Hannah breaks the awkward moment. Thank god.

"Okay, y'all better go now. I wanna spend some time with my best friend." She laughs as she walks over to me. Ethan let's go of me and smiles.

"I'll call you." Ethan says as he walks away and so does Grayson.

I'm at ease now. But I hate myself for doing what I did. I should've just been honest with my emotions instead of running off the way I did. Hannah and I walk back inside and we talk for hours about everything and anything. We decide to get her car back tomorrow, hopefully it's still there or I'm in deep shit. I'm happy Ethan and I are on good terms, I'll speak to him tomorrow and hopefully we'll be able to fix this.