Chapter 42

My eyes flicker open from the sun beam hitting my vision. I lay on the floor with only a couch cushion and blanket as a makeshift bed. I turn my head to see Hannah snoring on the couch. Luckily my hangover isn't as intense so I manage to sit up and throw a cushion at Hannah. She jolts and moans with annoyance throwing it back at me but I dodge it. My mom comes back tonight and I can't wait to see her... And Steve. I'm still wearing my clothes from last night and so is Hannah. I sluggishly stand up and topple over a little from a head rush. Yesterday was kind of a blur but I remember most of what happened, once I started to sober up of course. One being Grayson and his behaviour towards me. Honestly, I can't put the puzzle together. I need to talk to Ethan as soon as.

I walk out of the living room and into the kitchen, I hear Hannah groan as she follows me. Her hangover is probably way worse than mine so I might make us both a cup of coffee. I turn the coffee maker on and wait. Hannah sit on the chair and drops her head on the counter.

"Shit, Hannah. Be careful." I chuckle.

I don't have an appetite for food right now, so I open up the cabinet and reach for two mugs and place them on the counter. I pour the coffee in and the smell makes me sigh with relief. I honestly love coffee too much, Ethan actually made me try it once when we went out to this this super fancy cafe and I've loved it ever since. Okay, I sound super cringe. I give Hannah her mug and sit opposite her with my legs crossed on the chair. My mind begins to day dream and all I'm thinking about is pizza. I bet you thought I was going to say Ethan. Well, I mean... Pizza and Ethan doesn't sound half bad. Maybe I'll order some tonight when my mom comes back.

We finish up in the kitchen and head upstairs to freshen up. I can still smell a hint of alcohol on me from when I spilt it. I let Hannah take a shower first because she needs to go home to attend this family thing. Sometimes I wish I had family dinners or whatever they call it. I can't remember what it feels like to be part of one and in all honesty, it makes me a little emotional. But I despise my father... Why do I keep calling him my father, he's not my fucking father. He doesn't even know the meaning of the word 'Family'. I sit on my bed and take my shorts off and Ethan's muscle tee. I wonder around my room in my underwear and tie my hair up as I grab a makeup wipe and begin taking off my smudged mascara.

Hannah finishes up in the shower and sits on my bed.

"How's that head of yours?" I say as I grab my towel.

"Don't even ask. I'm never drinking again... I swear. And if I do, I give you permission to slap me silly." She chuckles as she dries her hair.

"You and me both."

I walk into the bathroom and turn the shower on. I lazily unclip my lace bralette and tug down my underwear before hopping into the shower. I begin lathering my body with a vanilla scented shower gel and shave my legs. I wash my hair and rinse. The hot water feels so good against my skin. I still feel Grayson's grip on my wrist as I make a ring around it with my other hand. It felt a little aggressive which didn't actually scare me, but it made me so pissed because he had the audacity to even touch me like that. I know how other girls would've e responded with that. But I'm definitely not like those girls he hangs out with, or even comes across.

I hop out of the shower and pat myself dry and put on my silk robe. I need to say goodbye to Hannah before she leaves. I walk into my bedroom and sit on my bed whilst Hannah finishes her makeup. I moisturise my legs and arms and put on a fresh pair of underwear and my new mustard yellow bralette.

Hannah gets up and grabs her things whilst I help her put her laundry into a separate bag.

"Here ya go dude. Don't forget to call me when you get home." I say as I hand her her things.

"Dontcha worry girl. I will."

We walk downstairs and towards the door. She opens it and I stand outside as she walks away. I feel like a mom, sending her kids off to school. I laugh at myself. Seconds later I look up and see Grayson walking outside. He looks at me and I stare back with no emotion. His gaze does not leave mine and all I want to do is walk up to him and slap him even harder.

Fuck, he's a nice guy and all but this just made me think otherwise

Fuck, he's a nice guy and all but this just made me think otherwise. He should've respected me at least. But no, he thinks he could probably get any girl to swoon at his feet. I look away and walk back inside and get everything ready before my mom gets back.