Chapter 43

Steve, mom and I are sitting in the back patio eating pizza and talking about their vacation. I look over a few times and see them laugh with another and I can't help but smile. I think Steve is beginning to grow on me, like my mom has never been this happy before and he's treated her like a queen. I take a bite of my pizza and my phone rings. I excuse myself and walk inside.

"Hi Bup."

"Hey baby, is your mom back?"

I pace around the kitchen.

"Yeah, we ordered in some pizza. Are you at home?"

"Yeah, for now. Gray and I are going on a sushi date." He chuckles.

"Ooh, how fancy." I chuckle.

"I miss you." He says with a raspy tone.

I sit on the kitchen counter and bite my bottom lip.

"I miss you." I can't stop smiling.

He chuckles.

"I don't want to keep you so I'll call you later on tonight Bup."

"I'll speak to you soon baby. Have fun on your date." I laugh and hop off the counter.

"Oh, I will. Grayson says hi by the way."

My face drops a little and I close my eyes.

"Tell him I said hey." I try to laugh but it comes out forced.

We hang up and I put my phone in my back pocket and walk back out to join Steve and mom.

Grayson is obviously doing this to irk me. Why can't he just leave me alone, he knows Ethan and I are kind of involved and goes off on one of his games. Sure, maybe other girls don't mind being played by him because they don't have any common sense on what a fuck boy is. I genuinely thought we could be really good friends like we always have been, but I have a gut feeling that someone has said something to make him think I'm available. Why does the name 'Amanda' come in mind. She's an evil one and is capable of doing anything. Especially now that she can't have Ethan.