Chapter 44

I rub my face and lay in bed for a while. Steve and mom are awake already and I smell pancakes from my room. Yum. I really missed waking up to this and knowing I wasn't actually alone most of the time. I finally manage to get the strength to get out of bed and walk to the bathroom and wash my face with cold water to wake myself up. Mom and Steve are going to the beach to meet some friends which means I have to go too, luckily I got Hannah to come with me because I don't really want to surrounded by adults who only talk about adult things.
I pat my face dry and stare at myself through the reflection.

I head down to the kitchen and I'm greeted with a warm embrace from mom.

"Morning sweetie! I've made you some breakfast."

I smile.

"Thanks, mom. It smells wonderful."

We release from the embrace and I look at Steve.

"Hi, Steve." I gesture a wave.

He gets up and walks over to me.

"G'mornin Mia." He grabs me into a hug causing me to jolt.

I hesitantly put one of my arms around him and give him an awkward pat on the back and look at mom.

"Oh... Morning...uh..." I awkwardly chuckle.

I take a seat. The only thing I look forward to every morning is breakfast. I grab a spoon full of fruits and place them on my pancakes and drizzle a shit load of syrup. Mom and Steve exchange laughs and I shit you not, he flirts with her so much , even if I'm around. He says some pretty weird things which make me feel a little uncomfortable. I finish off my plate and stand up to put it in the dish washer.

"Sweetie, don't forget you're coming with us to the beach, I want you to meet some of my friends! It'll be great!" She says whist sitting on Steve's lap.

I sigh before turning to face her.

"Can't wait." I sarcastically smirk.

I head out of the kitchen and up stairs to grab my towel. I haven't really spoken to Ethan since last night but he's almost always busy doing fun things.

I walk into the bathroom and take my pjs off. A bath sounds so perfect right now, and I need to relax my mind and body. I fill the bath tub and put in a bath bombs to set the mood. I sink my entire body in and it instantly soothes my skin. I wonder what it'd be like if Ethan and I had a bath together. Wait, what? Why am I thinking these things. It's so messed up because anytime I thinking Ethan, it's almost always sexual. Ugh, I promise I'm not one of those teens who crushes on a guy and thinks of anything sexual they can do to them... My mind is just constantly thinking about those kinds of situations, I mean who knows, what if that were to happen. I shake those thoughts out of my head and hop out of the bath. I grab my towel and warp it around my body.

Hannah's going to be here soon so I grab my black bikini top and bottoms and wear them before putting on a little makeup. I pack my beach bag with the essentials and put on my vintage high waisted Levi's shorts in denim with distressing on them. I put on my black and white high top vans, grab my phone and sunglasses and head downstairs into the kitchen to grab a bottled water. I empty the trash can and take it outside. I open the lid a throw in the bag before gagging. I hear somebody clear their throat and look up. It's Ethan. I smile and run to him. He has his arms out and jump up so he can grab me. I chuckle as he spins me around.