Chapter 36

I wake up on my bedroom floor surrounded by stale popcorn and an empty pack of potato chips. I must've fallen asleep late last night. The sunlight shines through the window blinds. I squint my eyes as I slowly sit up and I rub my eyes. That was probably the best sleep I've had in days and I feel so great today.

I text Ethan, Grayson, Hannah and Abel.

Mia
Let's all go down to the river; the weathers so awesome, bring the good tunes and food! come over to my place in an hour!

I head down into the kitchen to grab something to eat before I have a shower. My stomach makes the loudest whale sound, I grab two oranges, cut them in half and freshly squeeze them into a glass cup and make some porridge with blueberries. I'm not that hungry so this should fill me up. I sit in the back patio and take in the warm breeze that fills my lungs and makes my skin tingle. I hear my phone ring and I get up off the chair and run into the kitchen.

It's Ethan.

"Hey, what up?" I bite my bottom lip.

"Been thinking about you, baby." I have the biggest grin on my face. I gesture a silent scream and try to compose myself. His voice is so husky and deep. I love the way he says 'Baby'. Ugh, my heart.

"I miss you already Bup, did you get my text?"

He laughs.

"What did you just say?"

"Bup... I hear Grayson call you that a lot. It's cute!" I hear him laugh even more which makes me laugh.

"God, you're so cute sometimes."

"Sometimes? Boy... I'm cute all the time." I sound so cocky.

"Ditto." There's a moment of silence.

"... So Grayson and I will be at yours in 30?"

"Uh yeah! Don't forget to bring your swim shorts... Or not... Naked would be cool too... If you like..." I hear a faint laugh. Shit, is Grayson with him too. Wait, was I on loud speaker that entire time?

"Is that Grayson in the background?!" I say with a slight embarrassment. I cover my mouth.

"Yeah, he just walked in, you should see his face right now, it's priceless." He laughs.

"Ohh god..."

"Don't be embarrassed, you goof."

"Yuh huh... Well, to be honest I embarrass myself on a daily basis."

"I feel you."

We talk for a little longer before we say our goodbyes. Shit, I still need to take a shower and get ready.

I run upstairs and into the shower. I decide not to wash my hair because that's just pointless seeing as we're going swimming in the river. I haven't been to that place in forever. I used to go there a lot when I was a kid. When I had an actual family. Thinking about my childhood irks me. But I'm finally having a chance to go with the people I adore. It's going to be a good day.
I rinse the soap off my body and hop out of the shower. I wrap myself up in a towel and rush to my room to get ready.

I sit in front of my mirror and just apply a little bb cream and waterproof mascara. My red eyes are still visible from a those sleepless nights and crying. I apply some highlight to give me a glow and I let my hair dry naturally to reveal beachy waves. I walk to my wardrobe and open up a small basket where I keep my bikinis. I take out a plain black one and matching bottoms. I put those on and wear my vintage Levi's high waisted denim shorts with distressing on them. I decide not to wear a shirt on top because I'm way to hot and bothered right now. I wear a cute chocker and a black threaded necklace which won't get ruined in the water. I put on my black and white high top vans and grab my beach bag and put the essentials in them. I grab my sunglasses and place them on my head. I head downstairs and leave my things in the hallway before making a quick phone call. I haven't really spoken to my mom in days. I miss her a shit ton.

The phone rings but no answer. She's probably busy having a good time. I can't believe I'm saying this but I wonder how Steve's doing. He can be a real asshole sometimes but he treats my mom well... Something my father could never do.