Chapter 6

Continued...

(This chapter will be a little long because it's their prom night, and a lot will be happening! Am I the only one who wants Mia and Ethan to kiss already?!)

~Prom Night~

As soon as I go inside I run upstairs and into the shower. I completely lost track of time so I hope I'm not late because Hannah and her date Abel will be picking me up. I'm a single pringle. As I'm lathering my body with soap, I still feel Ethan's hands on me... Lingering, he has a really delicate touch, almost angelic... Wow, it was just a hug and I need to chill the fuck out. I'm having to constantly tell myself that we are just friends, I have to believe it because it's clear how he sees me, If I expect too much I'll just end up hurting myself.

I hop out of the shower and let my hair air dry. I put on a black silky robe and sit down in front of my mirror. I don't want to be over the top but not boring at the same time. I decide to use my usual base makeup but I add in some fake lashes and a ton of highlighter. I never wear this much but it's prom. I still can't decide what I want to do with my hair and I have at least an hour and a half till Hannah comes. I take out my long, red silky dress out of the bag. It's so beautiful and flows. The straps are thin and it's almost backless so you can see my tattoo, it also has a slit on the side to show some leg.
I gently put my dress on, trying not to ruin it somehow, I pair it with my new black heels that have a thin strap near the feet and ankle. Yeah, I'm showing a lot of skin but I'm actually kind of excited now, let's hope it lasts a little longer.
I get out my straightener and curler and end up leaving my hair out and putting in curls that fall so naturally. I haven't had a hair cut in years so my hair falls just above my butt.
I then pick out a diamond chocker that goes perfectly with the dress because it's not in your face but compliments my collar bones. Wow, I almost don't recognise myself but I kind of like it. I put on a ton of perfume on making me choke, but I want to smell good... No, not for Ethan... For me.
I grab my small purse, I got in China town that goes perfectly with my dress and head downstairs. My mom and Steven are waiting for me and have cameras at the ready. Oh no, I hate how I look in photos. My mom squeals super loud almost deafening me but it's so cute!
I get my picture taken and check the time, it's almost 7 so I call Hannah.

"Hello? Hann?"

There's a short pause before she screams down the phone.

"Mia! We're on our way, oh, my god I'm so excited!! Tonight is going to be amazing!! I'll see you in a few girl!"

She hangs up making me laugh. I don't know what I'd do without her, she's always got my back.
Moments later I hear a car honk, okay, now I'm beginning to get nervous. I walk outside and I see Hannah and her date Abel, they actually look so adorable it made me scream! We exchanged screams and hugs. I walk to the car and see Ethan coming out of his house but he's not wearing a suit or tie... Something's not right. I tell Hannah to wait and walk to him.

"Hey... Aren't you coming to prom?"

He looks at me for way too long. His eyes trace my chest and all the way down to my legs... I don't think I've ever felt so strange, Ethan has never looked at me this way... Until now of course. He then shakes his head and finally uses words.

"Wow... You look beautiful. That dress really compliments your body... I mean, you look okay I guess." He laughs and so do I.

"Thank you... But why aren't you ready? Where's Amanda?"

He looks down at the ground. Oh, that bitch. I knew she would do this.