Chapter 18- The Letter

It was just as she suspected when she got home. Her brothers were furious she left the house dressed the way she was, the ladies adored her dress while her Dad was passed out surrounded by 5 Bourbon bottles and when Evelyn saw Bronx's bruises she freaked. All that happened yet Jade went to bed happy and slept like a baby. Jade couldn't wait to get to school on Monday as she was all smiles the next day. She went outside to get the mail and bent to pick up the others that fell when an arrow flew right pass her and into the fence. Jade was surprised. She looked around and saw no one so Jade thought it might be some kids having fun somewhere. She just brushed it off and got the mail. She went through the mail and saw one was addressed to her. Jade opened the letter and it read 'leave him alone' in lipstick. This is definitely about Ethan and her. Jade knew she might have some rivals in the relationship department when it came to Ethan but she never thought there were some insane ones like these. If they think she would just run with her tail in between her legs then they're wrong. Jade just threw the letter away.

She got to campus and was greeted by Ethan whom kissed her the moment he saw her. Their onlookers were frozen and looked at the couple. Ethan took his girlfriend's bag and walked her to her class. Since Ethan was a last year he had different classes than her. They met again for lunch and Ethan never left her side.

Later, Jade sat on the bench at the pond reading when a shadow came over her book. She looked up and saw Ethan looking tired.

"Jade you had me looking all over for you." Ethan said catching his breath.

"Sorry the library was a bit cramped today since finals are soon so I changed locations."

"It's alright just let me know."

"Of course. Sorry."

He sat next to her with his hand at the back of her. She then leaned against his shoulder reading her book. Ethan kissed the side of her head holding her close.

"You know you seriously need to tell people when you go off or at least take your phone." Jade raised her head to see Bri.

"Sorry I was so caught up in my own world I forgot. Is something wrong?"

"Yeah. Claire has been calling your phone non-stop. Here." She handed Jade the phone and it rung again.

"Hello?"

"Jade?" She rose from her seat and walked to a tree for a little privacy.

"Yeah."

"I have been calling you since forever where were you? Anyway it doesn't matter. Did you receive a letter this morning?"

"Yeah." Jade started to get cold sweats thinking Claire saw it. Ethan noticed her fear and got up to go to her but Jade raised her hand telling him stop which he obeyed but he was still worried.

"So the one in the garbage was for you. What about the arrow that was in the fence?"

"Well I don't know about the arrow." Jade lied. She didn't want to worry her family more than she should.

"Oh well I can't believe the letter really was for you." Claire said worried.

"You didn't tell anyone, did you?" Jade asked panicking.

"No I haven"t. At least not yet. I wasn't sure it was yours so I didn't want to jump to conclusions."

"Yeah. I got it this morning I don't know who sent it."

"But who is this 'him'?" Claire asked curious. Ethan was now approaching her apparently running out of patience.

"Um let's talk about this another time. I'm free tomorrow afternoon so I'll message you with the venue. Bye and don't tell anyone please."