Chapter 10- Challenged Accepted

She entered the familiar small room that was filled with toddlers which reeked of paint and play doh. The first to greet her would be Miss Carter. Jade gave her a smile and helped her pick up some crayons.

"Jade great to see you again. Eli has been more social now and asks about you a lot."

"I'm glad. He is such a sweet boy." Jade answered honestly.

"Well I have something to tell you." Miss Carter said sounding down.

"What's the matter?" Jade asked worried it may be another man.

"Well Blake hasn't been all that lively like he used to. Also, he enters class in the morning with a depressed look on his face and when I try to ask he would just ignore me." Miss Carter pointed to Blake at his seat by himself. Jade thanked Miss Carter and went on a mission to find out what was the cause for her sweet nephew's current state. She approached him and tapped on his shoulder. He faced her and his expression changed. He launched himself at her and immediately started to cry. Jade stroked his head and held him.

"Blake honey what's the matter?" Jade asked as she lifted his head to look at her, wiping his tears.

"Well I heard you had a fight with Daddy so I thought you won't come home anymore. Uncle Tris, Uncle Max and Uncle Jack all sleep in the living room plus I hardly see grandpa. Aunt Jay I missed you." Jade held him tighter.

"I know sweetie but right now your Dad and Uncles have a lesson to learn and don't worry I will talk to them soon I promise. Don't worry about grandpa I will talk to him." Jade wiped his tears and smiled reassuringly at him.

"Really?" He asked his eyes sparkling.

"Yep I promise." Jade couldn't carry this on anymore her stubbornness was even hurting her nephews. She needs to resolve this. "Now go play. Eli needs his partner in crime after all." Jade ruffled his hair making him giggle. "But before we do how about you go wash your face?" He nodded and ran for the bathroom. Miss Carter approached her with a smile.

"Leave it to the master as always." She clapped and bowed. Jade just stood there confused.

"What are you talking about?" Jade folded her arms and waved hello to Eli. He waved back excited then went back to play.

"Don't play dumb. Kids can't resist you. You have all these kids wrapped around your finger." Miss Carter smiled gesturing to her class.

"That's where you're wrong." She bent down to wipe Blake's face then he ran to join Eli. "It's the other way around." Jade said as she straightened up and smiled as she looked at the kids.

"If you say so. Oh and one more thing."

"What's that?" Jade asked with her arms crossed.

"Have you met Eli's older brother?" Jade's heart jumped a bit as she remembered the few private escapades that they had which weren't healthy for her. But have been on her mind whenever she would space out.

"Why?" Jade's voice came out strained hoping Miss Carter won't ask too much.

"Well he never picked up Eli the first few weeks he was here but he has been coming everyday now. Do you know what changed?" Miss Carter asked facing her.

"No I don't. Should I?" Jade said in an indifferent voice.

"Well he asked when you will be stopping by. Of course, I don't know when you would because you come and go as you like. I told him that and he has been showing up every day since." Jade's eyes went wide. She didn't want to face him right now.

"He has been coming from around lunch and stays till everyone leaves." Jade quickly looked at her watch and it read 11:30. Her heart sped thinking she would see him. She didn't know why her heart was acting this way just from the thought of seeing him.