Chapter 19- Her Godfather.

Jade spent the rest of the day with Ethan and behaved casually. She then went to her dorm room and went through each letter carefully. Claire has been sending her the photos of the vans and trucks. They were all different which explains the hourly interval. The writing was neat even with lipstick which could mean it's a woman and the cheap perfume was seeping out of the envelopes like she dipped them in perfume. Jade concluded that this person was most likely just jealous and mad now. The most likely step she should take would be to hire an investigator however with the cheap perfume Jade knows she can't afford it which brings her to the next best option. Underground cartel more specifically the mafia. Jade knows her Uncle Winston has a strong hold on his mafia family which means nothing can get pass him. Whatever deals Winston's sons make must be finalise by him. However, another thing she can do is observe and plan but that takes time and she doesn't seem like the patient type besides from taking photos. Jade grabbed the letters and placed them in a box under her bed then went to bed.

Jade woke up and got ready like any other day. However, today she was gonna make her move. She dialled the familiar number and it rung.

"Jade my lovely god daughter, how are you?" Uncle Winston's came through happy as he can be to hear from her.

"Hey Uncle Winnie I'm great."

"That's fantastic so what can I help you with?"

"Well I was hoping I could see you and talk to you." Jade said grabbing her jacket and the letters.

"Hmm I'm at the family home now. You know where it is. I will let Tony know you're coming and to tell the boys to back off."

"Alright thanks Uncle Winnie." She giggled and hung up.

Jade stuffed the letters into her bag and made a beeline for the car park. Before she got there, she visited Ethan in his room. She snuck up on him and covered his eyes.

"Guess who?" Jade whispered in his ear.

"Santa? I must say you are a bit late since I wanted to see you when I was 6 but hey better late than never. Do you have a present for me?" Ethan asked playfully.

"Do you consider your girlfriend a present?" She uncovered his eyes and he turned in his chair.

"She is a gift to my life. Which reminds me I have to thank her Dad." He said reaching for her waist to pull her close.

"Ooh well we are gonna have to put that off for a while because she has to wait for her Dad to be in the most pleasant of mood then break it to him slowly." Jade said straddling him, her legs dangling at his sides.

"I can wait but we can't hide it forever."

"I know but my sister-in-law knows. When one knows then they all will find out. They are all sewn tight since they married into my family however I know they won't tell my brothers at least not yet."

As she was going on and on about her brothers and their wives Ethan just admired his girlfriend. He was ecstatic to just have her in his arms and can kiss her as much as he liked. He brought her closer into his arms settling her near his crotch. She leaned onto his chest surprised at the sudden movement.

"Close is never good enough for you, is it?"

"Nope." He answered burying his face into her neck inhaling her scent forever imbedding it into his mind. "Lavender my favourite smell." Ethan whispered.

"My nephews told me I smell like lavender once and I immediately thought of you telling me that for the first time then we shared our first kiss." Jade reminiscence about the kiss and her heart sped. Ethan chuckled remembered stealing the kiss then not having control most of the time.