Chapter 12- Lavender

Jade parked in the garage and felt nervous. She ascended the stairs slowly with Lauren leading. She walked into a familiar room leading to the living room. She took a breath in then exhaled and followed Lauren.

"How about you stay here while I gather them?" Lauren asked clearly sensing her nervousness. Jade nodded appreciating her thoughtfulness. Jade was gathering her thoughts as she waited. 5 minutes passed when she heard Lauren's voice.

"Alright everyone now that you are here I have something for you." Lauren said heading for the door.

"You know Lauren I really have no time for your pranks." The hard voice of her eldest brother, Caesar, said looking at his watch.

"Well I think you are gonna love this." Lauren hands was on the knob.

"I highly doubt it." Max agreed with Caesar.

Jade took a breath in, "so you don't want to see me?" She asked from behind the door as the room fell into silence. Then she heard heavy footsteps heading towards the door. The first one to open the door would be her Dad. "Hi everybody." Jade said waving nervously. Her Dad pulled her out of the small room and into his arms as the boys huddled around her. Next the ladies entered.

"What is going on?" Asked Claire.

"Why are you all hugging?" Evelyn asked.

"Jade is here." Lauren said.

"Really? Where is she?" Kate asked looking around. Lauren pointed to the body fort.

"I don't see her." Evelyn said getting on tip toes hoping to catch a glimpse at her. But nothing.

"I'm here." Jade said as she raised her arm. The ladies started to laugh. "This isn't funny I'm being suffocated. I can't see anything."

The ladies walked to the body fort hoping to help Jade out.

"Alright that's enough let the little lady breath." Claire said as she grabbed her husband as the other ladies did the same with their respective husbands until it was only her Dad clinging to her.

"Uh Dad I'm not gonna disappear so you can let me go." As soon as she said that she felt warmth on her shoulders. "Dad?" He held her tighter as he cried. Jade held him as he wept into her shoulder. Jade finally felt at home. Fighting with them will always happen but at the end of the day she still loves her family. He finally calmed down and let her go. She smiled at him. "I'm home." They all hugged her again ladies included. Jade rolled her eyes.

"Aunt Jay?" The voice came from none other than Blake. Jade raised her hand from the swamp of people. He took that as a call for help because he got the twins and ran to their beloved Aunt Jay's rescue. Blake and the twins wiggled through the bodies and held their Aunt by her hand then tugged. Jade got out of the crowd with a pop. Blake and the twins were breathing hard. Jade looked at her heroes and kissed their foreheads. She sat on the floor and they hugged her. She returned it of course.

"How did you guys know that your Aunt Jay was in the middle of us all?" Asked Lauren.

"Because she always smells like lavender." Blake answered grinning like he just dug up a treasure. Jade's mind raced back to the library where Ethan told her the same thing and what transpired after. Her cheeks went beet red and she placed her hands on her cheeks hoping it will cool down.

"Aunt Jay are you alright?" Bronx asked looking up at her.

"Your cheeks are really red like when Blake got sick." Bishop said.

Her brothers and Dad were immediately by her side. One held her hand, another checked her temperature, another checked her heart and so on. Each gentleman grabbed some part of her body and checked if she indeed had a fever. She just shook them off.