101: Diary of King Wern

Start from the beginning

Caught surprised by her proposal, the King gulped with bewilderment. But his composure was not broken in the surface. He could no longer see the girl before him as someone ordinary after her display of strength.

If he had to estimate, she would be worth a quarter of his whole army, alone.

"Your strength would indeed greatly help me, but is this still a choice on a whim? I must know."

Briefly, silence reigned the wide Council Room. Behind the velvet curtains, the dimness of the daylight could be seen. And within the room lit by a chandelier, the beauty of the girl remain outstanding. It seemed that every second spent with her made her even more spectacular. Despite her natural charm, the King that was slowly changing from cowardly to a brave King only has the Queen in his heart.

To his query, the girl stood up by the window. She took a peek outside, towards the sky. And after a minute or two, she heaved a breathe.

"If you wage a war against the Apostles, you will lost. Even with me."

The King could not help but raise a brow in confusion. His face was now wrinkled with future events; deaths, agony, desperation, cries and hopelessness.

The girl walked towards her seat, but did not sit. Instead, she tiptoed her fingers on the head of the chair like she was entertaining something in her head.

"I can offer a suggestion."

He opened his mouth to protest, but instead, he chose to question. "How do you know I will lose?"

Upon his query, he could see no change on the girl's expression. But he felt he was being looked down in that instant, but the feeling quickly dissipated when she closed her eyes.

"You would have prepared your strategies before your situation came to this point. But you did not, and that is proof enough that you did not expect change to happen."

["Even when your inactivity would greatly affect your children negatively."

With the additional words communicated through his mind, he was feeling even more downhearted. Her words cut like a knife. He looked down on his hands that were clasped together. He did not notice he was feeling tense, and upon realizing so, he begun to relax.

"Then why do you say I will lost? If I choose to, my cavalry can overtake every nation in Ingrid."

At his words, he felt fear in his heart as he looked into the girl's deep set of ruby eyes that seemed to have flashed a glare. But he chose to ignore the foreboding.

"I dare you. Ingrid is not such a simple continent. You think too highly of yourself. Choose: win or lose?"

"........" He continued to gaze at her, analyzing her every move, but to his dismay, the girl did not move. Not even her chest seemed to move as she breathe. She appeared calm as the sea on good windless days. "To win, of course."

"Then remove a certain portion of your people. Guess why."

The King only briefly paused to think. "Spies?"

"Yes, and?"

He pondered for his next answer, only to knot his forehead in shame. "Assassination?"