32. Jordan & Abby

Start from the beginning

"What's that going to be like? You live here and go see her on the weekends? My child will either have his or her father in his or her life or not." The tears start to form in the rim of her eyes and I can tell she's fighting them back.

"Abby, I didn't know this would happen. I love you, not her. I want a life with you, not her. Please don't make this a choice between you and her because it's always going to be you. It always has been." I need her to know that this wasn't my intention ever. I never could have known that this would happen.

I pull her closer to me and she doesn't resist me. She actually wraps her arms around me tight as if she's going to lose me. I think that's what she's afraid of. I'm not going anywhere. I look down at her, wiping away the tears that I've caused.

"I won't let this ruin what we've got planned, Midget. You and me forever, okay?" She nods her head, looking at me with saddened eyes. I press my lips gently to hers, trying to reassure her with a kiss.

"Come on, let's get you upstairs so you can rest." She doesn't fight me on this, mostly because she knows she does need to rest.

I get her upstairs and tuck her in before getting in on the other side of her. I wrap my arms tightly around her, pulling her close to me.

"I love you, Jordan." She whispers, her voice cracking with each word.

I fight back the tears, trying to stay strong for the both of us. She doesn't know how much it means to me to have her back in my life. A part of me knows that she will always love me, but that doesn't mean that she will always be with me. Not if I keep doing shit like this.

"I love you, Midget. Don't ever doubt that for a second." I kiss the back of her head, letting her know that I mean it.

Eventually, she falls asleep in my arms, but I remain awake. I stare at the wall, worried that I'm going to lose this beautiful angel right next to me. If Eleana is pregnant, I'm going to take care of my child. Even if I don't want anything to do with Eleana. I just hope that Abby can be okay with that. Abby has my heart, but I have to look after my kids. Even if that means losing her. But I know Abby. She would never make me choose between her and my child. No matter what she says, she just wouldn't.

I close my eyes, attempting to go to sleep, but it never comes.

Abby's POV

I'm feeling physically sick to my stomach and I'm not sure if it's because of the baby, this plane ride, or because we're about to see Eleana.

Jordan told me that they had made plans to meet in person and I was not about to let him go alone. Call me crazy, but this could all be a scheme to get back with Jordan. He's been nervously tapping against his leg since we got on the plane. I hate seeing him like this and I know that I'm making things harder on him, but he's not seeing this from my point of view. I'm looking at the big picture. This is bound to get messy and I don't want to bring my child into this.

"Where are we meeting her at?" I ask.

"Her place. She didn't want to meet out in public." He tells me.

"Why?" That's strange. What's so bad about meeting in a public place?

"She said she would explain once we got there." He sighs, letting me know that he's stressed.

I place my hand on top of his, but I don't look at him when he looks at me. I want him to know that I'm here for him, but I'm not okay with the situation. That I'm pissed at him, but I still love him. I don't think I could ever stop loving him.

Our plane finally lands and we head into the airport to get our bags. Once we finally get them, we take a cab to the hotel we'll be staying in for a couple of days. I can honestly say I haven't missed this place. I don't miss my job. I don't miss my apartment. I don't miss anything here. There's nothing, but bad memories left here. Memories that I want to keep here.