22. Jordan & Abby

I stir the sugar into my coffee, wondering when the first cup is going to kick in. Lately, I haven't been doing so well. The guys and I aren't talking and Abby is gone. Abby. She crosses my mind most of the time and I'm too afraid to call her or send her a text message because I'm afraid she won't text back. She's probably happy with Shawn. She did choose him.

The bell on top of the door of the diner rings, causing me to look up to see who just entered it. Alyssa searches around the small diner for me before her eyes land on me. She begins to walk over to me and I stand up to greet her. We hug each other, both saying hey to each other. This is awkward for me, simply because Alyssa and I were never close, but we both could use each other's help right now. 

"How are you?" She asks, sitting down across from me.

"Fine." I say in the not so convincing voice.

She laughs lightly, "You look like shit. I just wanted to see if you were going to be honest with me."

"You and Troy are definitely meant to be." I roll my eyes. At the mention of Troy, her smile falls a little.

"He hasn't responded to any of my messages? Have you talked to him?" She asks.

"No. We're all kind of giving each other space right now. I'm really worried about Daniel the most though. He's really going through it." I take a sip of my coffee, testing to see how hot it is before drinking some more.

"This is all my fault." She sighs.

"It's not. It's just bad timing. You can't help who you want to be with." I look down at my hands, my mind instantly going to Abby.

"Have you talked to her?" I look up to see her giving me a sympathetic look.

"I, um, haven't. Have you?" I ask.

"No, I haven't. I should probably check on her. See how she's doing. You know she didn't really want to leave, right? She's just afraid and confused. Shawn is like her safety blanket, but you're it for her. She just doesn't realize that yet."

I want to believe what Alyssa is saying, but her actions say otherwise. I think she truly loves him more than me. It hurts just to think about it. I look at Alyssa to see the phone up to her ear and I begin to panic a little.

"You're calling her now?" I whisper yell.

"Yeah." She shrugs as if it's not a big deal. She pulls the phone away from her, putting it on speaker. What will she say? What will I say? What if she gets mad because she doesn't want to speak with me?

I won't ever get to know because the call goes to voicemail. I can't help, but feel a little disappointed that she didn't answer.

"Well, Shawn probably has her acting like she used to act. I probably won't hear from her until the wedding." She tries to make it sound like a joke, but I can tell she's really bothered by that.

"I don't think she would let Shawn influence her like that again." I say.

"Maybe. What are you doing later on?" She asks.

"I might be going to see Daniel. Want to come with me?" I smirk a little.

"I don't think I should. I've done enough." She turns me down.

"Ah, come on. You guys need to talk. You can't keep ignoring each other and expecting it to get better."

She sighs, "I hate when you're right."

I smirk at her before grabbing a ten and throwing it down on the table. "Let's go then."

~~~~