23. Jordan

I get out of the taxi cab along with Alyssa and Jake before standing in front of the building that Abby lives in. Daniel couldn't come because of his dad, which is understandable. I've been on edge since I got on the plane all the way up till now. I'm worried about my Midget.

"You could be overreacting." Alyssa says.

"You didn't talk on the phone with her. Something is seriously wrong with her. I can feel it." I look around for her car, but I don't see it.

"Well, let's just go inside and find out." Jake says, walking towards the entrance.

Alyssa and I follow behind Jake, going inside the building. We get on the elevator and I press the button to the floor that Midget's condo is on. I get out my phone, checking for any missed calls or if she has texted me back. Nothing. I take a deep breath, trying to calm myself.

The elevator stops on our floor and we all make our way out. I hope the spare key is still in its same place. I lift the mat up and sigh in relief when I see the key under the mat. I grab it before quickly unlocking the door to her condo.

We all step in and I immediately look around for Abby. Everything looks the same as the last time I was here. Except I notice that one of the chairs is knocked over.

"Abby, is that–" Shawn comes out of the hallway and stops in the middle of his sentence when he sees us.

"What the hell are you doing here?" He questions me, his face immediately contorting into anger.

"Looking for Abby." I plainly state. He's either still mad at me because of the last phone call we had or he knows about Abby and me kissing.

"Why?" He narrows his eyes at me.

"Because I am. Do you know where she is or not?" I become slightly agitated with his questions. I'm not here for him.

"You don't need to know where she is. Did she tell you to come?" He takes a daring step towards me and I take one to let him know I'm not scared of him. He's acting real suspicious right now.

"We talked yesterday. She didn't sound okay." I say.

"She's fine." He quickly says.

"I'd like to see her for myself." I retort.

He glares at me before laughing to himself. "You really can't stay away from her, can you? She's getting married to me, so back the fuck off."

"Do you see me as a threat?" I smirk a little, wanting to get under his skin.

His smile fades and he just glares at me, nostrils starting to flare. He probably wants to hit me in the face right now, but I won't allow that.

"Guys, cool it. If you just tell us where Abby is we will leave." Alyssa says.      

"She's out right now." I feel like he's lying. He doesn't even sound confident in his response.

Before I get the chance to speak, Jake speaks. "We'll just come back later then."

Shawn doesn't acknowledge Jake because he's too busy staring a hole into my head. I stare back at him and I finally notice the small scratches on his face. Taking a quick glance at him, you wouldn't notice, but because I'm staring him down, they're very clear.

"What happened to your face?" I question.

He goes exactly to the spot that I'm talking about which tells me he already knew it was there.

"Shaving." He lies.

I turn my head to look at Alyssa and Jake and they seem to have the same look on their faces that I do. They don't believe him and neither do I.