32. Jordan & Abby

You know how life can be going so well for you then all of a sudden something ruins it for you. I thought I was in the clear. I had the girl, I was starting a family, and I was about to get married. One stupid decision that I didn't think anything of is now coming back to haunt me.

Abby has locked me out of the room and won't even talk to me right now. Quite frankly, I wouldn't be saying shit to me either. I've been sitting on our couch for hours now trying to figure out what I should do. I've had my phone in my hand, debating on whether or not to call her. My mind keeps trying to make sense of it all. Does the time match up with her claim? How far along is she? Am I the only guy she's been with? I won't know until I call her, but I'm afraid to. I'm afraid to find out the awful truth. I'm afraid that I might find out I'm having another kid and that this will ruin everything with Abby.

I wish I could call Troy over and talk to him right now. He's always been my go to person whenever I needed someone to talk to, but he's dealing with his own shit right now. I think about chunking my phone against the wall, but that won't help anything. I decide to man up and just call her. What's the worse that could happen. I press call on her contact and put the phone up to my ear.

"Hello." She answers on the first couple of rings.

"Is it true?" Is all I can think of to say.

"Of course it's true. Why would I lie about that?" She immediately gets defensive.

"We need to talk about this. In person." As much as I would hate to see her again, I know that this needs to be done.

"Are you still in New York?" She asks.

"No, I'm not. I can catch a flight out there in a couple of days." I rub my face, the stress starting to get to me.

"In a couple of days? This is urgent Jordan!" She begins to raise her voice and I know that if I don't end this conversation soon, we're going to both be yelling at each other.

"I have a fucking life, you know? I can't just drop everything I'm doing because you claim to be pregnant. I said I'll be there in a couple of days." My face is heating up, angry at myself for getting me in this situation.

"Oh, yeah, right. You're getting married to her and you also got her pregnant. Maybe you should learn to keep it in your pants, Jordan."

I hang up the phone before throwing it violently against the wall. I let out a loud yell, pissed and frustrated. Why me? Everything was going so well. I pull at the roots on my head, trying to let out my frustration.

I hear small footsteps start to approach me and I look up to see a crying Abby. She looks so heart broken right now and I get even more angry at myself for hurting her again. I seem to always be the one to fuck things up between us.

"Abby, I'm–"

"Don't." She puts up a hand, stopping me.

I decide to stay quiet and let her say whatever she has to say. That's the least I can do right now.

"I don't know if what she said was true, but if it is, I don't think I can do this." She says, making my heart break into a million pieces.

I stand up abruptly, going over to her and taking her hand in mine. She tries to pull away, but I'm not having it.

"Let's not make any decisions like that right now. Like you said, you don't know if it's true. Abby, I can't lose you when I just got you back. This is bigger than us anyway. We're having a child together."

"And you might be having another one." She fires.

"Abby." I plead, needing her on my side. This is too much to handle right now. I don't need her against me.