11. Jordan

I lean over, throwing up into the trash can beside me. I wipe my mouth with the wash cloth that Abby just brought me. I was supposed to leave her house this morning, but after I started throwing up repeatedly, she told me I needed to stay; not that I'm complaining or anything. I think she just feels bad for me. After telling her how I basically have no one, I think she suddenly feels the need to be there for me. She truly is a good person and I'm glad she's giving me a second chance.

She enters into the room with a bottle of water. "Did you just throw up?"

"Uh huh." I roll back over, resting my sweaty palm on my sweaty stomach.

She comes over to me, kneeling down beside me. Her face scrunches up in disgust when she catches a whiff of my vomit in the trash can. She grabs the thermometer off the night stand before putting a plastic cover on it and sticking it into my mouth. My phone begins to ring and she looks at me, asking for permission to answer it. I wave my hand a little, giving her the go ahead.

"Hello. Hey, Charity. It's Abigail from the office." I can see her cringe a little at using her full name and I crack a small tired smile.

"He's really sick. I'm checking his temperature right now, but he's been throwing up and running a fever all day. He can't keep anything down and he's complaining about his stomach hurting." She tells Charity.

I see Abby nod her head before I close my eyes, wishing I didn't feel so weak right now. My stomach begins to feel funny and I lean over the trash can, taking out the thermometer and gagging, but nothing comes out. I roll back over, groaning.

Abby places my phone back on the night stand before running her hand through my hair, instantly making me feel better. It reminds me of when my mom used to do this before I went to bed and I smile a little with closed eyes, reminiscing about my mom.

"What are you smiling about?" She asks, her voice soft and I imagine that she's smiling as well.

"I was just thinking about my mom. When I was younger, before bed she'd run her hand through my hair because she knew it'd make me fall asleep." I tell her.

"Mrs. Collins is a nice woman." I open my eyes to see her smiling.

"I wasn't talking about..." I let my sentence drift off and she realizes that I'm talking about my real mom.

"I'm sure she was too." She gives me a small smile and I look her in the eyes, wanting to just feel her lips on mine. I have no idea how I've been able to resist her this long.

"What did Charity say?" I ask, trying to get my mind off of kissing her.

"She's coming over with medicine. She thinks you have a stomach virus." She tells me.

I let out a breathy laugh, "Who told Charity she was a doctor?"

"Here, you should drink some water. Your lips are chapped which probably means you're dehydrated." She hands me a bottle of water and I begin to take small sips.

Her phone begins to ring in her back pocket and she takes it out, looking at the caller ID. "It's Shawn. I'll be back." She says before leaving the room.

A few seconds later I hear shouting and I immediately sit up; a little too quick because I begin to feel dizzy. She yells something about it isn't her fault and I hear her voice cracking slightly and I wonder what they're arguing about. She comes back in, red in the face with unshed tears brimming her eyes. She grabs the remote to the TV and turns to a channel and the first thing I see is us in the small cake shop.

"Jordan Collins, the famous football player has been spotted with this mystery girl numerous times. He's even been spotted with Eleana Chester, the hot new super model, but not nearly as much as mystery girl. No one knows who she is, but she seems to make him really happy from the pictures we've seen so far." A blonde with black streaks in her hair reports and I sigh while closing my eyes. I don't need this right now. Right when she was trying to forgive me.

Six Years After The BetOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara