26. Jordan

I look in the mirror at myself, releasing a nervous shaky breath. My hands shake from the different emotions I'm feeling today. I grab the tie, trying to tie it again, but I fail miserably. I bawl the tie up before throwing it and letting out a frustrated groan.

Abby comes through the door in her black dress, causing my heart to speed up. Even when I'm upset, she manages to calm me just by me looking at her.

"You okay?" She asks, concern clear in her voice.

"I'm struggling to tie my tie." I half joke.

She smiles a little before placing her purse on the dresser and picking up the tie. She walks over to me and wraps the tie around my neck, beginning to tie it for me.

"It's called asking for help." She smirks.

Even though she's joking with me, I can't help but just stare at her. I notice all the details on her beautiful face. The way her lips are a natural red. The way the blue in her eyes changes color depending on what she's wearing. The loose stray of hair that has fallen out of place. She's beautiful in every single way and she's all mine.

"What?" She looks at me, confused on why I'm staring at her like this.

"I love you." I whisper.

A smile slowly creeps on her face. "I love you."

I lean down and kiss her briefly, knowing that I need to finish getting ready. She finishes tying the tie before fixing my hair a little.

"All good now. I'm going to go downstairs. Dad cooked if you wanted something to eat." She tells me.

I nod my head and she leaves out of the room, to let me finish getting ready. I grab the jacket to my suit and put it on. I don't know how I'm going to make it through this funeral today. I don't have to do anything really besides helping to carry the casket.

"You can do this." I say to my reflection. I repeat the statement over and over again until I believe it.

I grab my phone and keys before leaving out of the room. I walk downstairs to find Abby, Jake, Alyssa, Abby's dad and mom, and Troy sitting at the table. I'm not hungry, but I know that I need to eat. I sit down beside Abby before grabbing a plate and having people pass the food to me.

"Anyone know how Daniel is doing?" Abby's dad asks.

"We haven't talked to him since we all met at his house that night." Troy runs his hands through his hair, sighing. He probably didn't get any sleep like I didn't.

I cut up the waffle, taking a piece and putting it in my mouth, but it doesn't taste so good. I know Abby's dad can cook, but food just doesn't taste right to me right now. I feel sick. I never liked funerals. When my parents died, I didn't shed a tear until after the funeral. I was still in shock and reality hadn't hit me yet. The first few years without your parents are the worst. The things they used to do for you that you took for granted, you had to do. Of course, my foster parents did a great job raising me and I'm grateful for them.

"Jackson is coming, too. I think his flight landed last night." Troy tells us.

I haven't seen Jackson in years. When he first got out of prison, we all threw a welcome home party for him and that's the last time I've seen him.

"How is Jackson?" I ask him.

"You know Jackson. Crazy as hell." He chuckles a little and I'm glad to see him smile.

We all finish up eating before getting into our cars. Abby and I are riding with Troy and Alyssa. Ryan texted me a few minutes ago, letting me know him and Daniel are at the church. I let my head fall back against the seat, closing my eyes. Abby grabs my hand, but I don't open my eyes to acknowledge her.