25. Abby and Jordan

Boom! He throws the chair against the wall and I watch in horror as it crashes against the wall. I begin to run towards my room, but it's like my feet are weighed down with bricks. I'm not getting anywhere and he's going to catch me soon. I look back and he's not that far away from me. My chest begins to heave up and down, fear taking over completely. He grabs me by the hair and yanks me down to the ground. He yells something at me, but I don't hear over the sound of my own screams. He draws his fist back and aims it right at my face.

I jolt awake in the bed, letting out a loud scream. I'm pouring in sweat and my heart is beating like I've just run a marathon. That dream was so vivid. I could have sworn it was real. I look to my side to see what time it is. It's nearly noon. I run my hand through my hair, trying to calm down. It was just a dream Abby. I look to my side, only to find an empty space beside me. Where's Jordan?

My door bursts open, causing me to jump. Alyssa is holding a knife and I almost freak out at the sight of her with the knife. I scream a little causing her to scream.

"Why the hell do you have a knife?" I yell.

"Because you screamed!" She states as if it's obvious.

"I'm fine, Alyssa." I say with a sigh.

She puts her hand over her heart as if she is relieved by what I just said. "Good, because I don't think I could actually stab someone. Or maybe I can."

She puts the knife down on the dresser before making her way over to me. She sits beside me and gives me a look that says talk.

"It was just a bad dream." One that still has me shaking with fear.

"Was it about Shawn?" She asks, already knowing the answer to the question.

I nod my head and she gives me a sympathetic look. She wraps her arms around me, pulling me close to her.

"You poor thing." She comforts me.

"Do you think I'm going to be like this forever? Losing sleep. Scared all the time. I mean, I don't want to feel like this forever." My voice breaks a little, but I refuse to cry again over this.

"Hon, it's going to take time. Rome wasn't built in a day. Things will get better, I promise." I bury my face into her shoulder, just needing the comfort of my best friend. She doesn't let go until I pull back.

"Better?" She asks with a small smile.

"I think I'll be okay. I probably need to shower. I'm sweating horribly." My clothes are starting to stick to me.

"Yeah, you smell a little." She jokes and I push her lightly.

I get out of bed, going to my bag with my clothes in there. "Where's Jordan?"

"Oh, he went with Jake to get the rest of your things. They wanted to leave early so that you couldn't object to them going."

I laugh a little, "They know me so well. You should have went with them to make sure that they wouldn't do anything stupid."

"Yeah, I was the main one talking about cutting his dick off." She says in all seriousness.

"Alyssa!" I scold.

"What? You should be happy to know that I'm willing to go to jail for you." She smiles and I can't help but laugh at her a little.

"I'm about to take a shower." I let her know before going into the bathroom.

I undress before turning the water on and stepping into the shower. My muscles are tense and I feel like I just can't relax. I drop my head under the water, just letting the warm water run all over me. I stay in the shower until the water becomes cold. I turn off the water, stepping out and grabbing the towel. I wrap it around me and grab another one, wrapping it around my hair.