27. Abby & Jordan

"Isn't this something you should be doing with Jordan?" Alyssa asks me.

Right now we're currently standing in front of a house, waiting for the real estate agent. Jordan and I both decided that we would get a house in our hometown because we both plan on spending more time here. I mean, this is where everyone is at.

"Jordan is going house shopping with Troy. We both decided that we would get advice from our friends and which ever we both decide on, Jordan and I will compare it to the house he and his friends decided on." I explain to her.

"I can't believe you two are moving in, let alone getting married." She shakes her head.

"We're not getting married until next year. I don't even want to think about planning another wedding." My mind goes to Shawn and how he turned out to be the fiancé from hell. I'm grateful that I didn't marry him.

I look over to Alyssa and her mind seems to be somewhere else. Ever since the whole thing with her kissing Daniel at the church happened she's been acting weird. We talked about it a little, but she didn't go into details about why she did what she did.

"Alyssa, talk to me." I demand.

She snaps back into reality, trying to pretend like she's okay. "I'm fine."

"No, you're not. You keep ignoring Troy and it seems to be the only thing on your mind lately. I need you to help me pick a house. I have to live in whatever you choose, so I need it to be a good one. So, let's talk about whatever it is that's eating you up so that you can focus on helping me choose a house." A take a deep breath after I finish saying what I have to say.

She sighs, looking up at the sky. She's getting her thoughts together. She stares back at me and she's giving me a look that tells me she's afraid that I'm going to judge her for whatever she's about to say.

"Please don't hate me." She says.

"Alyssa, I could never hate you." She's being over-dramatic.

"I think I'm still in love with Daniel." She waits for me to say something, but all I can do is stare at her.

I open my mouth to say something, but close it again. Maybe she wasn't being as dramatic as I thought she was earlier. I pinch the bridge of my nose, trying to figure out what to say to her.

"I thought you liked Troy?" I ask.

"I do, I just– I don't know. Daniel and I have been talking a lot more lately and I feel like we just picked back up where we left off. I care for Troy, but let's be honest, he isn't exactly boyfriend material. I mean, he's great in bed but sucks at being a boyfriend." She tells me.

I thought that by her explaining things, I would understand, but I'm just more confused than I was a second ago.

"So, what are you going to do?" She stares back at me, contemplating the question.

"Break up with Troy until I figure out what this thing I feel for Daniel is. It's not fair to Troy." She says and she's right. She's going to end up making them fight over her. Again.

"I think that's the right thing to do." I tell her as the real estate agent pulls up.

The lady gets out of the car, putting on a plastic fake smile. She seems to be having a bad day because I notice the big coffee stain on her skirt and when she steps onto the sidewalk she trips, causing all of her papers to fall onto the ground.

Alyssa and I both rush over to help her pick them up. She's scrambling to get all the papers, but as her luck would have it, the wind begins to blow.