Chapter 13

Albus woke the next morning to his roommates, the other Slytherin sixth years, having a pillow fight.

"He's awake!" One of them cried. "We can open our presents!" The realization hit Albus that it was Christmas morning. He leapt out of bed and joined the other boys on the floor under the tree that had miraculously appeared during the night.

One of them grabbed a present with their name on it that was neatly wrapped in wrapping paper with a mistletoe print. Albus was reminded of last night. He turned a bit red at the memory and smiled.

"What's up with you?" Scorpius asked.

"Nothing," Albus insisted, but Scorpius was definitely not convinced. Nonetheless, they consumed themselves in the task of opening their presents.

Scorpius received a limited edition of "Quidditch through the ages" from Albus, and some books on various other subjects, all of which fascinated him, from their other roommates. There was a neat white envelope with his name on it, that upon seeing, Scorpius immediately snatched and tucked in his robe, and refused to answer any questions about. Their was a box of chocolates from Polly, which Scorpius immediately trashed. His last gift was from his dad. It was a long package. Scorpius unwrapped it to find...

"Woah!" Another boy said. "That's the CinderRocket 5000!" He exclaimed! "That's the newest, fastest, top-notch broom!" Scorpius grinned.

"Awesome!"

Albus received a sweater from his grandmother, per the usual. His mother sent him a new exploding snaps set, and his dad got him a new wizard's chess set. There was a package of assorted Weasley Wizard Wheezes from James, A bag of galleons from Lily (undoubtedly from her gambling profits), and a bunch of Honeydukes candy from Katrina. Scorpius got him "French for Wizards". There were also several packages from random girls around the school containing chocolates which were undoubtedly laced with love potion. He followed Scorpius' lead and trashed it.

The rest of the boys hurried down to breakfast, while Albus stayed behind to organize a bit of his stuff.

"Okay, who are you and what have you done with your best friend?" Scorpius demanded.

"I have no idea what you are talking about," Albus replied.

"You came back much later than the rest of us after the feast last night, grinning like a madman, then earlier, when we were opening presents, you randomly turned red and smiled. I'm worried about you, man. What happened last night?"

"Nothing!"

"The truth, Albus."

"Well-"

"Albus!"

"Okay, Okay!" He took a deep breath. "Last night, after you guys left, Katrina and I were talking and we sat out on the steps to the grounds, and we were chatting, and Katrina spotted something above us-"

"What was it?"

"I'm getting to that! Woah, hold your horses! Anyway, it was mistletoe." Scorpius grinned.

"I like where this is going." Albus went red.

"So we sat there for a minute, and then she kissed my cheek and left." Scorpius was grinning wider now, which only made Albus even redder.

"Congrats, man."

"This doesn't mean anything!"

"Oh, come on, Albus. Everyone knows you and Katrina have a thing for each other."

"No-nobody- we don't have a thing for each other!"

"Albus, you're a terrible liar."

"I'm not lying!"

"Yes, you are! You guys are meant to be! And the fact that you could pass for a tomato right now speaks volumes."

"I-I'm- i'm not-"

"Come on, you're stuttering. Just accept it."

"Says you! Don't think I don't recognize my cousin's handwriting when I see it. That letter this morning was from her." Scorpius was uncomfortable at the change of conversation. Lucky for him, Katrina interrupted at that moment.

"Merry Christmas, guys! I-" she paused. "Albus, why are you red?"

"I- I have a sunburn."

"In December?"

"James pranked me."

"Ah, that explains it. Anyway, you guys had better hurry and get breakfast."

"What's the rush?" Scorpius asked.

"Haven't you heard. At 10:00, they've organized a huge snowball fight, wizard style. The rules will be explained when we report to base at 9:30. It's Slytherin, Ravenclaw, Beauxbatons and the girls from Ilvermorny versus Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Durmstrang, and the boys from Ilvermorny."

"Sounds like it'll be interesting."

"Right? Plus, we've got three of the four champions on our team. You, me, and Sandy from Ilvermorny. Thomas from Durmstrang is on the other team, but I've heard he's rather unpleasant anyway. Scorpius, I've heard that Hugo Weasley is looking for you, I'm not sure why. You'd better go talk to him, he's over by the Gryffindor table. Get some food while you're at it. Come on, Albus. It's already nine! We have to be reporting in half an hour!" With that, she grabbed his hand, and pulled him away. Albus threw a bewildered look over his shoulder at Scorpius, but his friend just laughed at his predicament and mouthed:

"We'll decide a ship name later." Isn't it great to have friends?

On that note, speaking of ship names, I do need Ideas for ship names for Katrina and Albus. Kalbus? Katbus? Altrina? Albina? I don't know, those are just some ideas. Comment what you think.