Chapter 41

When Katrina opened her eyes again, she was in the hospital wing, a situation she was becoming all too familiar with. Bella, Parisa, and Sabrina were sitting on her bed. Mrs. Potter sat in a chair beside the bed. Bella gasped and interrupted their quiet conversation.

"Guys, she's awake!" The relief in her voice was so overwhelming that Katrina immediately wondered what had happened after she passed out. Her cut hadn't seemed that bad.

"Merlin, Kat, how many times are you going to do this to us?" Parisa admonished. 

"She's right, that's like the third time since we've been at Hogwarts," Sabrina agreed. "This is getting concerning." Katrina sighed and tried to sit up, but leaning forward hurt and she stopped trying. 

"Why in the world are you in the hospital wing so much?" Mrs. Potter asked. Her face was so riddled with concern that it made Katrina feel bad. Mrs. Potter didn't even know her that well and she was still worrying over her. 

"Circumstantial. And I think they're being overdramatic. We've been here more times with Albus than we have with me."

"What?!?!?" Mrs. Potter exclaimed. 

"Oops," Katrina muttered. 

"Why is Albus going to the hospital wing?!?!?"

"Also circumstantial," Katrina insisted. "The point is that I'm fine, and you guys really don't have to worry."

"Too late."

"Tough."

"Deal with it."

"Um, yes. Yes we do." Katrina groaned. 

"I'm a quadwizard champion, there are risks involved."

"This is literally the first time you've came here because of task injuries. And just because you signed up to nearly get yourself killed doesn't mean we should be less worried," Bella retorted.

"What do you want me to say?" Katrina asked. "I'm not hurting myself on purpose!"

"But you're not letting people help you either," Sabrina pointed out. "That's all we want to do. We care about you. We talked about this." Katrina nodded. 

"I know. It's just.....not easy for me to let people take care of me. I've been taking care of myself my entire life."

"But you don't have to any more," Mrs. Potter insisted. "That's what we're hear for." Katrina was touched that Mrs. Potter was taking such a personal interest in her seeing as this was only the second time they had even met. Anything she might have said, however, was halted by the entrance of someone into the hospital wing. 

"Mrs. Potter, the Minister is looking for you," Professor McGonagall said. Mrs. Potter sighed and rose. 

"Katrina, promise me you'll let me know if you need anything." Katrina just nodded. Mrs. Potter hurried out. Professor McGonagall smiled.

"Glad to see you're alright, dear," she said before closing the door. 

"Alright, you can't avoid this forever. You've got to tell us what's been going on with you. Albus, last night, everything." Katrina sighed and nodded. 

"Je dois te le dire dans Français. " Her friends exchanged puzzled glances. (I'll need to tell you in French.)

"Euh... Pourquoi?" Bella asked. Katrina was grateful she had responded in French. (Um.....why?)

"C'est une longue histoire." (It's a long story.)

----------------------------------------------------------------