Chapter 26

" Can anyone tell me what a Venomous Tentacula eats?" A hand flew into the air. "Yes Miss Fizzleworth?" Professor Longbottom asked, hiding a smile. he, like professor McGonagall, was reminded every day of Hermione Grainger when he had Katrina in his class. The guest students at the school had been split among the houses to join for classes during their stay. Sabrina and Katrina had joined the Hufflepuffs.

"They eat Chizpurfles, sir."

"And can anyone describe a Chizpurfle?" Once again Katrina's hand shot into the air. "Yes again, Miss Fizzleworth?"

"They are tiny parasites. They are crab-like creatures that can often be found in the fur of Crups or the feathers of Augureys."

"Can you explain what those are for the slower minds in the classroom?"

"Crups are wizard-bred dogs with forked  tails, and Augureys are..." she faltered. "Augureys are..."

"Are you alright Miss Fizzleworth?" she shook her head.

" Uh-me? Oh, yes. I'm... I'm fine. What were we talking about?"

"What an Augurey is."

"Oh, yes. An Augurey is a bird. It's feathers are a pale green. The feathers repel ink, so they are useless for quills. Although, it has been rumored that that the quill for the Hogwarts Book of Acceptance is crafted from one anyway. They can predict rain, so they have been often used as weather birds, although the constant moaning in the winter months became unbearable for many."

"Good. Please continue your description of the Chizpurfle."

"They are attracted to magic, and will gnaw through wands and cauldrons. A full grown adult is on average, .127 centimeters long, or for you Americans, a twentieth of an inch long."

"Thank you Miss Fizzleworth. That was a splendid introduction. Please open your textbooks to page 347 and read the passage about the Chizpurfle." Everyone silently obeyed.

Katrina was about two thirds through the passage when she heard a sound. She kept reading. Only a minute later, she heard another sound, and then some whispers. She looked up in time to see Brain Demaris, a Gryffindor kid, throw a piece of crumpled up paper at Sabrina. It hit her in the head and it fell to the ground. He took another one from his desk and threw it at her. Again it hit her in the head. This time she whirled around and faced Brian.

"What do you want?" she mouthed.

"Open it," he mouthed back, and mimed her opening he paper. Being careful not to alert Professor Longbottom, she scooped up the last piece of paper he had thrown, and carefully unfolded it under her desk. She turned pink as she read it, and faced him.

"Me?" she mouthed, pointing to herself. Brian nodded.

"You," he mouthed back, pointing at her. She grinned.

"Sure," she mouthed, turning back to her textbook. Katrina smiled.

                                                                                                        ~

"Please right an essay a half a foot long on the habits of the Chizpurfle. Due next Thursday. You are excused." Everyone packed their books into their bags and  flooded out of the classroom. Katrina caught Sabrina on their way out.

"So what was that all about?" she asked.

"He asked me to the Yule Ball," Sabrina said. "I've never met him before and I don't know his name, but he's probably better than whoever James was planning on setting me up with." Katrina laughed.

"His name is Brian, and he's a Gryffindor. He's a good guy from what I've seen."

"Well that's good."