Chapter 21

After ALOT of convincing, Katrina, Sabrina, and Dominique got Madam Pomfrey to release Albus from the hospital wing at about ten, which was cutting it close. They swung by the Slytherin common room to pick up Albus' wand. Katrina already had hers.

Then they were joined by Scorpius, James, Lily, Rose (who made a point of walking on the opposite side of the hall as Scorpius, Katrina really needed to talk to her about that), Bella, Parisa, and Hugo. They made their way to the Room of Requirement, where a flood of people we pouring into the room. If one of the champions hadn't solved the riddle, Albus was pretty sure they would have made it to the right destination anyways.

The room was huge. There were stand behind some glass, where people were already sitting. Piles of furniture, books, and other knick knacks were all over the room. There were fires burning in randomly placed braziers all around. Professor Longbottom ushered Albus and Katrina to a separate little room.

"Good Luck!" James called.

"We'll be cheering for you!" added Lily.

The door was shut. McGonagall, Sandy, and Thomas (who definitely would be dead if looks could kill) were already in the room.

"I'm going to explain this to you first, then we'll line you up, and I'll explain it to the spectators, and then we'll start the first task." Everyone nodded in agreement.

"Okay, let's get started," she continued. "There are four items hidden in this room. Each has been charmed to react to the touch of a specific champion. Each item has a specific ability that will aid the champion in completing the task. The goal of the task is to find all of the items. If your item falls into the hands of another champion, you are out of the task. Any questions?" No one said anything.

"Lastly, you can not bring any objects into task. That includes personal magical items, brooms, and wands. If you have any of these on you, please hand them to Professor Longbottom now. If you are caught with any of these items during the task, you will automatically be disqualified from the task. Now get out there. Professor Longbottom will show you where to stand." The four champions followed her out of the room, handing their wands and other items to Professor Longbottom, then he showed them where to stand.

Katrina leaned over and whispered to Albus as McGonagall explained the task to the crowd.

"Good luck," she said. "But I'm not going easy on you." Albus grinned.

"I wouldn't expect it to be any other way."

"Let the task begin!" A gate opened and the four champions rushed into the playing field, eager to be the first one to find their item.