Chapter 15

Scorpius tugged at the scarf around his neck nervously. It was about thirty seconds before the game started. He fidgeted with his gloves and checked his pocket for his wand. The cold bit his nose. He could see his breath in the air.

A horn sounded, and people flooded out of the snow castle on the other side. Some made a semicircle around the castle. Others lined up on the border facing Scorpius' team. They all tried to find ways to weave through the line, but couldn't find a weak link. Scorpius looked up at the person directly in front of him, who had been trying to give him the slip for the last thirty seconds. Her read hair was tied off in a braid over her shoulder. It seemed she had just noticed him as well.

"Scorpius?" she asked.

"Hey Rose," He said, discreetly trying to push back the butterflies that had been spontaneously released in his stomach. She scrunched her face weirdly.

"This is going to be harder than I thought."

"Was that a compliment Rose Weasley?"

"I suppose it could have been."

"Tell you what, I'll promise to not tag you if you cross over," he said. "Shake on it," he added, holding out his hand. She didn't seem suspicious of anything.

"Okay." She shook his hand, and Scorpius tugged her forward onto their territory, and she stumbled, falling on top of  him (it took every bone in Scorpius' body not to turn into a tomato). Her face was painted with shock. He held up his hand.

"I was crossing my fingers."

"Scorpius Hyperion Malfoy!" She yelled, pounding a fist on his chest. "You dirty, rotten-" Scorpius pointed his wand at her and she was gagged. She screamed under her gag and pounded on him harder, but someone in a white t-shirt came and cast a binding spell on her and took her to the prison.

The person who had been next to Rose in line had taken the opportunity to dash through the gap where Scorpius had been, but he was quickly tagged. Scorpius took his place back in line, when he felt a tap on his shoulder.