Chapter 27

The clock bell echoed through the school, telling all of the students that it was 2:00. Katrina walked through the hall, Sabrina by her side. It was a sunny afternoon, and she could tell that her classmates were itching to be outside, rather than in the stuffy Hogwarts classrooms.
Katrina spotted Sandy walking down the hall ahead of her. She was flanked by a pretty girl who had been seen with her around school. They seemed to be best friends. She had pretty long brown hair that fell down her back in waves. Sandy nudged her and pointed to someone behind Katrina.
"Go on, Nicole," she urged. " Just do it. There's only two days left."
"You haven't asked anyone yet!" Nicole pointed out.
"Details." Sandy brushed her friend's comment off and pushed her. She ran into a tall guy next to Katrina. He wore plain rectangular glasses and Ilvermorny robes. His hair was a brunette color. The two stared at each other awkwardly for a few seconds, before the girl slightly regained her composure.
"Um-hi?" She stuttered. "Willyougototheballwithme?" She blurted. The guy seemed a bit thrown off guard.
"Uh-are you talking to me?"
"Yes...I think."
"What's that supposed to mean?"
"Yes! It means yes I am talking to you!" Katrina's attention was diverted from the budding couple to Sandy. Katrina gritted her teeth as she saw a familiar blonde head bob through the crowd. The despicable figure made it's way towards Sandy and stopped next to her as she watched her friend.
"Hey Sandy," he said with an overly arrogant tone. "How's my rae-a of sunshine doing today?" Sandy turned and glared at him.
"Excuse me?"
" I said-"
"I know what you said," she said flatly. "How do you know my full name?"
"What, Sandrea? I-"
" You know what,I don't care. Never use it again."
"Whatever. I was just wondering if you would go to the ball with me."
"No." She said simply and stormed off, obviously very angry, in the direction of her friend. She stormed past. Nicole spotted her go, and whirled around to see Thomas standing there, supposedly dumbfounded at her reply. 
"What did you do?" She cried. She turned back to face the boy. "Sorry Aiden. We'll talk later." She ran off to console her friend.
Katrina kept walking. She patted Thomas on the shoulder as she walked by.
"It was never going to happen." Thomas shot her a glare,disgusted by her lack of sympathy,but Katrina ignored him. She was still confused why Sandy bad been so angry, but hey, Katrina was angry whenever she was in the presence of Thomas.
As she was turning into her next class, she heard Hugo talking with Lily.
"I hope that YULE go to the ball with me," he said. Lily rolled her eyes.
"Okay, but YULE still be a dork."