Chapter 2

" For hundreds of years, yes centuries,

I've sorted in this hall.

Sorted every girl and boy,

Every wizard or witch short or tall.

Every now and then,

On each first Hogwarts night,

Some begin to worry,

Don't fret, I'll sort you right.

To Ravenclaw, where quick of mind,

Are sure to find their place?

Or Hufflepuff, where all are kind,

To those of every race?

To Gryffindor, where courageous souls,

Will likely find their way?

Or Slytherin, where crafty spirits,

Will make their place some day?

Cherished Cunning Salazar,

Dearest bravest Godric,

Sweetest lovely Helga,

Rowena, lady of Logic.

Don't you fret, No don't you cry,

And in case I fail to sell,

Ask anyone you see,

I always sort them well.

So step on up and try me on,

Place me on your head.

I'll decide where you belong,

You'll learn to move ahead."

For the first time ever, Albus and Scorpius were among those who cheered and gladly welcomed first years into their house. It was an amazing feeling, being proud of your house.

"Now to explain to first years, we have a little points system here at Hogwarts." Professor McGonagall said after introducing herself. "Teachers are allowed to award or deduct points from houses. Points are also earned from winning the Quidditch cup at the end of the year." There was chattering amongst the tables. "As I am sure the older students have just informed you, last year Slytherin won the house cup and the Quidditch cup." Slytherin cheered. "if you want to beat them this year, or if you new Slytherins want to experience a Slytherin win, you should be on your best behavior." Another burst of chattering throughout the room.

"Finally, before we get to eating, as I am sure many of you are eager to do, Hogwarts has a small surprise for you this year." She smiled and winked at Albus discreetly. Albus remembered what his dad said before the train left the station. "It took a lot of convincing, but..." she paused for dramatic effect. "Hogwarts combines with the Ministry of magic has brought back the Triwizard Tournament!" The entire hall cheered so loud that the hall shook.

"Except, this year it will not be called the Triwizard tournament. We will be calling it the Quadwizard tournament. As I am sure many of you know, in the past Hogwarts played host to Beauxbatons and Durmstrang." The students nodded in agreement. "This year we have invited the students attending Ilvermorny in America to join us." The students were chattering again. "Of course, like last time there will be an age restriction. Only Sixth or Seventh years may place their name in the goblet. The schools will arrive in a few weeks, a we plan to get an early start to give the champions more time to  work on the tasks." More chattering. "You may eat!" She waved her wand and food appeared on the table.

The only talk at dinner was about the Quadwizard tournament. Everyone was thrilled. Albus wasn't so sure. He wasn't a huge fan of the tournament after drastically changing time in an attempt to save someone who died in it. Nonetheless, he joined in on conversation.

For the purpose of the story, we are going to pretend that James is in the year above Albus, rather than two years above him.