Chapter 22

Albus got searching right away. He almost ran into Katrina, but Thomas stuck out his foot out and tripped her. Albus had to catch her. She was fuming when Albus helped her back on her feet. Thomas' eyes widened.

"I'm just gonna-" he ran away. Katrina's hands clenched.

"Albus, you had better win this," she whispered to him as she stormed away. Albus shrugged and continued searching.

The spectators were cheering loudly, but among them he could hear a small group cheering:

"Albus! Albus! Albus! Albus!" He waved to Lily who was throwing her arm around like a hurricane.

He unexpectedly tripped over a small stack of random books. He groaned. He opened his eyes and was about to haul himself up when something caught his eye. He wouldn't have seen it if he hadn't tripped. It was next to the far table leg of a table that was covered with a long tablecloth. Just under the tablecloth, he could see it shining in the faint firelight.

It was a small green charm in the shape of a snake on a simple chain. Albus grabbed it and it instantly started glowing green. He put it on.

"I wonder what it-" He was cut off he let it go and it hung loosely around his neck. If he focused, he could see through nearby objects. "Woah, cool. This must be my item," he observed. He tucked the charm under his shirt so it wouldn't be as easily noticed.

Meanwhile...

Katrina had been searching for a while, when a book caught her eye. It was My side of the Mountain, which was one of her favorite books. Despite being in the middle of an important task, she picked it up to flip to her favorite page, because it usually helped her feel more focused. She was flipping through the pages, and the book fell open to the exact page. Laying there, as if it had been waiting for her, marking the page. Was a brass ring. A large yellow gem adorned it. Katrina picked it up, and it glowed yellow. She slipped it on, and she disappeared.

"Awesome," she commented. "It's like from Lord of the Rings but without Gollum and Sauron hunting for it," she paused. "At least I hope."

A/N Sorry It's a short chapter. I have things to do and I probably won't be able to update until at least Wednesday. More likely Thursday or Friday next week. I might be able to update sooner, but probably not.