The sky was grey and I listened as the wind howled, the tree branches blowing strongly. Lightening could be seen ahead but no rain had yet to pour.

"Hey," Matt, a fellow housemate came up to me, "Jase and I are going out for a smoke, you in?"

I sighed. "I told you I don't smoke," I shook my head and pressed it against the glass.

"Come out with us anyway." Matt shrugged and grabbed my arm; I brushed him off. "You've been in this place for five months and have barely stepped outside unless absolutely necessary."

"Your point?" I pushed myself away from him and made my way down the long hallway, towards my room.

I closed the door and pressed my back against it, tilting my head back. The same routine every day and I couldn't wait until I could just step out of this place and find my way back to her.

I glanced at the small frame that was perched untouched on my desk. Her eyes were full of joy, her smile was full of grace and her spirit was happy.

I just wanted to grab her and hold her in my arms.

I closed my eyes and swallowed. It felt like forever since I've held her, seen her, heard her voice.

I missed her more than anyone.

I pushed myself off my door and turned my stereo on, grabbing the CD case and listening as the voice of Sofi Cabello flowed through my room. I studied the case, like I had done so many times before.

Reading lyrics that we worked on together years ago. An album we created together, helping each other out into a better and exciting new career.

Her eyes were full of mischief on the cover of her album and she looked so innocent. She was twenty one when we landed her first CD debut and Baby C's been working on her fourth album on her own.

I missed her too. I hadn't seen her for over a year and even though she called me every now and then, we had drifted somewhat over the past four years.

A knock came at my door and I pushed pause on the music as a shorter heavyset blonde poked her head in my door. "You have a visitor." Karen said, she was the 'help'.

"Not today." I waved my hand and shook my head. She smiled sadly and opened the door wider.

"Um," she shifted from the door, "it's Miss Cabello," she whispered and I sat up, smoothing out my clothes and fixing my hair, which had grown a lot since I last cut it.

"Send her in." I licked my lips and bit my lip nervously as the rock star herself, walked in. The last time I saw Sofi, she was wearing baggy jeans and tight shirts; it was all tight at that moment. Her dark denim jeans were glued to her skin as her shirt barely covered her stomach. Sunglasses always placed on her head and darker make up. "Hey," I stood up and she immediately grabbed me into a hug.

"God Sofi," she sighed and hugged me tighter, "it's been forever."

"Look at you," I pulled back and wiped the tears that formed in my eyes, finally some familiarity in my life, "you're all grown up."

"I grew up a long time ago." Sofi smiled and placed her guitar down on the bed, looking around my plain room. "Wow," she said and frowned as the walls were completely bare with the exception of her first sold out concert poster she had signed for me, "how can you not be severely depressed?"

I raised an eyebrow at her and shook my head. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Well," she approached my desk and gently brought her finger over the solid oak frame that held the untouched picture and looked back at me, sadly, "it just seems like since you've spent the last five months of your life here, you'd have other things hung up in your room to make it more... comfortable?"

"I don't need comfort." I shrugged and sat down on my bed, smiling at the familiar guitar case. "So, do I get a private show?"

Sofi chuckled and opened the case, pulling out her very first guitar that she had ever showed me a little over twelve years ago. "Actually, I just wanted to give this to you."

I raised an eyebrow. "Uh, but that guitar means everything to you."

"Sometimes it's nice to share things." Sofi smiled and placed the guitar in my hands. "Seriously, take it."

"How'd you find me?" I finally asked, looking up into her smoky grey eyes.

"I'm a rock star," she smirked and threw her sunglasses on the bed, "actually, I did some research, found out you had a rough time this past year. I was worried about you when I didn't get any emails back from you or phone calls."

I looked away and watched as the darkened clouds came closer. "I feel so lost."

"I know." Sofi patted my leg and grabbed the guitar back from my hands before pushing me down onto the bed and held me. "Laur," she ran her fingers through my hair, "I cut my tour short, I'm-"

"Did you find her?" I asked, my heart racing.

"I did." She held her breath and placed a kiss on my temple. "I wanted to stop by here first because," she sat up and placed her hands on my shoulders, "I don't know if I'll be back."

"What?" I frowned.

"If she needs me, I want to stay with her and you have to focus on getting better." Sofi sighed and shook her head, letting out a sad laugh. "She needs to know you're absolutely better before seeing her again."

She was right. I needed to be on my best and not fight the system.

"Will you at least keep me updated?" I pleaded quietly.

"I will." Sofi smiled and stood up. "Please keep the guitar. The moment you see me again, you can give it back if you want. It's a guarantee that we'll see each other again."

Sofi stayed for a little while longer as she told me about all of her concerts, photo shoots and studio time. She mentioned that she missed me as her manager but understood why I gave up that dream and allowed her to go out on her own.

I glanced inside the cover of the album 'Midtown Young Love' and smiled.

Vocals, lyrics & composed by: Sofi Cabello

Producer, lyrics & composed by: Lauren Jauregui

-\-/-