thirty p. II night II

Emilia

The alarm tone from my phone is so loud it jolts me awake and upright in bed. My eyes are wide and heavy from just being woken up as I take a quick scan around the room. It takes me a few seconds to remember where I am.. I rub my eyes, swinging my legs over the bed and walking to the bathroom in the hall. After brushing my teeth I go back into my room to slip on a pair of tights and a jacket.

I lace up my sneakers preparing to go for a morning run. Jogging down the steps to grab something to eat quickly before I head out, I stop in my tracks when I see the back of his head. He doesn't hear me behind him, his nose is deep in some book, and his head is buried into a bowl of cereal as he shoves the milk soaked flakes into his mouth.

I stand at the bottom of the stairs for awhile rolling my eyes at myself. I have to go run, and I can't run on an empty stomach. I've gotta eat some fruit or something.

When I finally build the courage to walk fully into the kitchen, Harrys head snaps up to look at me. Its silent for a while as I grab a glass from one of the cabinets and pour myself some orange juice from the fridge. I keep my eyes trained into the cup as I drink, and I don't plan on saying anything to Harry at all until he speaks first.

He clears his throat, placing a marker in his book.

"Morning,"

He nod slightly dropping the cup into the sink and turning towards him.

"Morning."

It silent again for awhile, but Harry surprisingly keeps the conversation going with another question.

"You're up early. You headed out?"

I nod, looking down at my attire, silently motioning to him that I'm just going to take a few laps around the cabin and lake. He nods, smiling, and stands to place his now empty bowl into the sink. He turns around to face me, and it almost looks like he's going to say something but he changes his mind. I take this as my cue to slip out the front door, and hopefully brush off that terribly awkward and uncomfortable moment.

My chest is rising and falling at a rapid pace as I attempt to catch my breath. I had lost track of time, pushing my legs to keep moving no matter how bad they burned. I jogged the few steps back up to the cabin, wishing I had gone through the back door.

As I approach the front steps, I come face to face with everyone enjoying the outside weather. Rae has on shorts with her bikini top, and Jennifer sits in a white sun dress. Both Zayn and Harry are shirtless with shorts, standing in front of the grill talking about who knows what.

As I get closer Rae notices me, and she smiles waving me over.

"Em, babe come join us," I glance over at Jennifer whose watching with a smile, then look back at Rae before I answer.

"Yeah, I am, just need to go shower. I'm really sweaty." I lift my clothes, mock airing them out as Rae nods her head and prompts me to hurry so we can have a dip in the lake and get some sun.

-

The table outside on the front balcony is filled with empty beer cans and bottles. My mind is hazy and I'm giggly, as I laugh at something Zayn just said. My head rests across Raes lap, my feet propped on the cooler under me. Jennifer and Harry are cuddled up close in a lawn chair, my alcohol induced mind is keeping me from noticing or feeling jealous.

Everyone is talking and having a good time, and I'm glad to have some alcohol in my system to keep my from my miserable mood. About an hour goes by with us playing drinking games and dancing to whatever music Zayn has blasting through his speaker.

"Oh my god!" I jump as Rae yells, everyones attention turning towards her. A huge grin starts to form on her lips as she yells again excitedly.

"We should go skinny dipping!" She squeals, throwing her arms into the air.

We all glance around at eachother for a moment, before agreeing what the hell? The weather was great, and I was already starting to feel warm form the beer. As we trek down towards the lake, clothes are being stripped off one by one, leaving a trail behind us. I walk slowly into the water adjusting to the cool temperature.

We swim freely for awhile until Zayn yells Marco randomly beginning a game. I respond with everyone else, yelling back Polo. I try to swim quietly, noticing a rock that sits in the lake. I swim to it, grabbing to hold myself on and hiding as I continue to yell Polo in response to Rae who of course got tagged first.

I watch from behind the rock as Rae tries to listen for Zayn and Jennifer who are just swimming in circles around her. My head jerks away from them though when I hear a sound from behind me. I start to panic wondering if there are any creatures in this water, when Harry emerges from under the water. His hair is plastered over his face, as he reaches his hands up to push it away from his face.

I sigh, rolling my eyes, as I try to steady by breathing from Harry scaring me.

We both wade in the water behind the rock, and I can still hear everyone else, splashing and laughing in the water from a distance.

"You're cheating. Its Marco Polo, you're not supposed to hide." I shrug at his words. I didn't really get into the water to play games I thought to myself. It felt good, and I just wanted to swim alone. I still felt slightly out of place being the only single one here. Even though I was sort of drunk, I still just wanted some alone time.

I don't respond to as I get lost in my thoughts, and Harry hasn't said anything else either. I'm about to swim away when Harry speaks up stopping me.

"I miss you." My eyes find his, trying not to let my face show any emotion. He continues.

"I still love you. I mean, I'm still in love with you."

Its in this moment when every feeling I'd had before Harry and I's friendship was ruined come crashing down on me. As soon as I'm about to open my mouth to finally say it back and let him hear what he's been waiting to hear, his lips land on mine in a kiss.

I'm taken off guard but it doesn't take long for me to recover and kiss him back. I moan as my back is pressed into the rock we hide behind, feeling Harrys hands wander down to rest on my thighs beneath the water. His lips don't leave mine, as his hands run up my back, stopping at the knot tied holding up my bikini top.

When he begins to untie it, I stop him, placing my hands on his chest and pushing away.

"Not here." I whisper, soothing the confusion from his face after stopping him. He only nods, taking my hand in his and leading us out of the water away from where is his girlfriend and our friends are.

We manage to get out of the water and back into the cabin, without being seen. We sneak into my room, and Harry takes no time at all to take my out of my soaking bathing suit, and lay me down on the bed. When he pushes into me, I feel myself stretch wonderfully, and I let Harry take me to cloud 9.

My body is curled into Harrys, as we lay in bed post sex, too shocked to even process what just happened. With the little alcohol still left in both our systems, we fall asleep in eachothers arms, forgetting about Rae, Zayn, and Jennifer.

-