Rainy Night

Kurt lay awake on his bed, listening to the constant drum of water on pavement

Kurt lay awake on his bed, listening to the constant drum of water on pavement. The rain had started at noon, to progress into an on-off phase, where the off was truly a soft pattering and the on was severely noisy and disorientating. Now as it neared its gentle stage again, Kurt could think. Think about everything. Nothing. Life. His beautiful husband.

His beautiful husband. Yes, that thought was appealing. He looked over at the magnificent human that he could call his, a look of pure bliss on his resting features. Blaine's breathing was slow and steady but occasionally he would exhale longer with a soft whistle-like sound. Staring at this wonderful masterpiece made Kurt realise just how much he loved the man sleeping in their shared bed as if their spontaneous wedding seven years prior wasn't enough proof. Or their two children. Their two children that were currently sleeping in their house.

Lost in his thoughts, the chestnut haired man didn't even notice the drizzle turn to heavy downpour, didn't notice Blaine waking up and smiling instantly at the sight of his husband staring absentmindedly out the window, didn't notice that life was passing by him every second. But he did notice Blaine reaching out a soft hand to touch his cheek, a comforting gesture he had learned to love years ago.

Kurt turned around to face his one true love and let out a small giggle at seeing Blaine half awake and yawning. Blaine feigned mock hurt but gave into the soft laughter. Eventually, the two were bursting into fits of laughter, without even as much as a conversation between them since the raven haired man woke up. Hepburn and Tracy could potentially have been woken up by the situation going on in the room across them, but Kurt and Blaine's voices were drowned out by the rain.

Sometimes it felt good to just laugh and live a little. To just bask in the present, memories and past experiences pushed aside. To just listen to the steady drum of water on pavement, downpour slowly turning back into a drizzle.

As the pair calmed down again, Kurt had one thought in his head as he turned away from the droplet covered window and placed his arms around his best friend's waist, eventually succumbing to a deep slumber.

Life is good.

>.<

I do accept prompts. I also accept feedback and votes, you know, if you're feeling kind ;p