[16]

THIRD PERSON POV

"Tah dah!" Jake said as he opened his lunchbox. He prepared three sandwiches for today because he wanted to share it with Kei and Kio. It serves as a token of gratitude and also a form of sorry for everything he did to the twins.

"Wow, that looks good. Thank you Jake!" Kei took one sandwich. Kio just smiled and took the other one too.

"I want to ask you something, Jake." Kio stopped eating and looked at Jake. "What does it feel to have a daddy?"

Napatigil rin si Jake at Kei sa pag-kain nila. "I actually don't know. My dad— I mean our daddy was always out of our house because he always argue with my mom."

"Huh? Why do they fight?" Kio answered.

"It's because daddy doesn't love mommy." Napatahimik si Kio at Kei sa sinabi ni Jake. "When I was playing outside mommy's room, I heard her arguing with daddy. Then I heard daddy saying that the only reason he stays with mommy was because of me. I felt bad and sad for daddy because I also heard him saying that he loves another girl and I think it's your mom, Kio, Kei."

"That's not true because if he loves my mom, he wouldn't leave her. Like spongebob and patrick, they never left each other because they love each other." Kio answered.

"Kio, stop it." Kei stopped Kio from saying those things.

"Daddy is a good person so I like you to give him a chance of becoming a daddy to you, Kio." Jake said. Kio just looked at him but he didn't answer what Jake said.

The breaktime was finished and the three boys went to their classroom. Everyone was quiet until the lights exploded.

Everyone was flustered and shocked from what happened and Kei began crying.

"Kids, don't panic okay? It will be alright just listen to my instructions—" Napatigil ang teacher nang biglang pumutok ang volt ng kuryente at biglang umapoy. Kumakapal ang usok sa paligid kaya naman mabilis na pinalabas ng teacher ang mga bata. "KIDS! HOLD EACH OTHER'S HANDS!"

Papalabas na ang lahat nang makita ni Kio si Kei na nadapa sa loob ng classroom. Nagmadali itong lumapit at tinulungan ito. "Kei! Faster! We need to get out!"

Kei's knee was wounded and he was having trouble walking. Suddenly, Jake came back and helped Kei.

"Let's go!" Jake said while supporting Kei. When they were on their way out, a big pile of wood fell from the ceiling and separated Kio from the two. "Kio!"

"Go out! I'll follow you!" Kio said. "Go out!!"

Kahit labag sa kalooban ni Jake at Kei ay lumabas ito sa building and their teacher helped them as soon as they went out.

"Help Kio, ma'am! He's still in there!" Jake tried to pull his teacher but his teacher was still in shock. "Ma'am! Si Kio po!"

Gian was parking his car to fetch the boys. He decided to take them out for ice cream since Jake asked for it.

Napansin nito ang makapal na usok na bumabalot sa campus at ang ingay na nanggagaling sa loob. He noticed a lot of people going in the campus flustered so he immediately went inside.

Ganun na lang ang gulat nito nang makita niya ang sunog na nangyayari sa day care. Mabilis nitong hinanap ang tatlo and he saw Jake with Kei.

"Jake! Kei!" Napalingon ang dalawa kay Gian at mabilis na tumakbo si Jake palapit dito. He was crying while holding Gian's hands.

"Daddy! Kio...! Kio is still inside!!" Nanlaki ang mata ni Gian at walang pagdadalawang isip na pumasok sa nasusunog na building kung saan nandoon si Kio.