[15]

THIRD PERSON

"Thank you, Gian." Sabi ni Lara nang abutan siya nito ng inumin. Nasa sasakyan na sila and the three kids were already asleep. Kio ran away from Gian without answering his question. He ran to Lara and after a while fell asleep.

"How are you? Kalmado ka na ba?" Gian asked. Lara just smiled and looked at Kio.

"Yes. Thank you for finding him."

"I actually want to ask you something." Gian said. "Can you please give the twins my surname? They're my sons and I don't like them having Cloud's surname."

Lara nodded, "Okay, I'll call our lawyer to fix it."

Gian smiled and the car was filled with silence. Lara looked at Gian. "Gian.. about the annulment.. I also want to push through it."

Gian suddenly hit the brakes and looked at Lara. "What?"

"I told you, I want to file an annulment. I know I was the only one who doesn't want to sign those papers before but now I will sign it. Para makalaya na tayong dalawa."

The car was filled with silence again. Gian continued driving until they reached Lara's house. He helped Lara bring the twins to their room without talking to her.

"I'm going now." Gian said. He was about to leave the house when Lara called him.

"Gian. Please think about it. It's about time we legally separate. People might get the wrong idea if I still hold onto your surname." Gian stopped and looked at Lara. He stared at her.

"Will that annulment give you peace in your heart?" Gian asked. Lara took a minute before she answered.

"Y-Yes." Gian walked towards Lara and hugged her. The hug was different. The hug was as warm as it could be. As Gian let go of Lara, there was a feeling inside of her wanting to prolong the hug.

Gian released a fake smile, "Okay, Lara. I'll sign those annulment papers."

As Gian was walking to his car, he felt a sudden jolt in his chest and he wanted to cry. He wanted to hurt himself because he felt so bad for himself when he wasn't supposed to. Because he knew right from the start that none of these would happen if he only treated Lara right. If he only didn't do that mistakes. Pero hanggang ngayon, kapag pinipilit niyang isipin kung bakit niya nagawa yun ay wala siyang maalala.

Napahawak si Gian sa kotse nito nang sumakit nanaman ang ulo niya. His headaches were getting even more severe than it's previous ones. He wanted to consult his doctor but he doesn't have time because of his work.

After calming himself he drove their way to take Jake home.

THIRD PERSON POV

THE next day, Gian dropped Jake off to his school and waited for the twins to arrive as well. Nang dumating sila ay kaagad namang tumakbo si Kei para yakapin si Gian.

"Good morning, tatay!" Kei cheerfully said. Kei looked at Jake and smiled. "Good morning, Jake!" Jake didn't respond and just looked at Kei.

"Good morning, Kei! How are my boys?" Gian kissed Kei's cheek.

Kaagad namang napatingin si Kio kay Gian. Gian smiled at him at ginulo ang buhok nito. "Good morning, Kio."

"G-Good morning, mister." Pagkasabi noon ni Kio ay pumasok na ito sa loob ng school.

"You two better get going now, okay? Bye, have fun at school!" Gian waved at Kei and Jake as they both entered the premises of the school.

BREAKTIME ng mga bata kaya naman lahat sila ay nagpunta sa playground. Kio and Kei were sitting on the bench while eating the sandwich Lara made for them. Jake was with his friends playing when suddenly, one of Jake's friends pushed him.

"Come on Jake! Let me ride the swing!"

"Pero kakasakay ko palang. You were playing since a while ago. Let me play now." Jake's friend pushed Jake off the swing which caused Jake to stumble to the ground.

"I told you, I will ride this swing!" Jake's friend was about to kick him when Kei helped Jake stand up.

"Hey don't do that!"

Kio looked at Jake's friend. "What a big fat meanie. I will tell this to our teacher."

Kio and Kei helped Jake go to the clinic to help him cure his wounds.

"Are you okay, Jake?" Kei asked Jake. Jake remained quiet until his eyes started to tear up.

"Why did you help me? I'm a mean kid to you so why?" Kei just hugged Jake and smiled.

"Our mom taught us that if someone needs help, we should always do something and help them. No matter who they are." Kio answered while licking his lollipop.

"And besides, we are brothers now so it means we should get along. Right Kio?" Kio didn't respond and just shrugged.

While looking at Kei, Jake smiled. "Thank you, Kei.. Kio. I promise I will never be a mean kid again."

Inilahad ni Kei ang kamay niya and forced Kio to do the same. "Friends?"

Jake smiled widely. "FRIENDS!"

LARA

I was just sitting at the balcony of my room drinking wine and looking up the sky. The sky felt calm and I just wish my whole self was like that as well.

I asked for an annulment. I know that I want it, that we both need it but why am I acting like this? Why am I acting like my whole life depends on that paper? Why am I not happy?

My phone started ringing and I saw Cloud's number flashed on the screen.

"Why are you still up, Lara?"

"Late night thoughts?" I laughed awkwardly. "How 'bout you?"

"I guess we're on the same page tonight.. So what's wrong?"

"Gian asked me to give his surname to the twins. I said yes."

"Well, that's okay with me. Anyway, he's the father of the twins. He has all the rights to do that."

"I also asked Gian to push through with the annulment.." I took a sip from my wine, "It took me a while to convince him, but apparently he agreed with it."

"You don't want an annulment, don't you?" Napatahimik ako nang sabihin iyon ni Cloud. "I can feel the hesitation on your voice when mentioning the annulment. Lara, I know you and I know Gian still holds your heart and you can't just let go your marriage."

"N-No, I-I despise Gian, Cloud. I hate him so much.."

"But hating doesn't mean you don't love him anymore. Lara. Don't force yourself into things you are not happy. Don't let anger fill your heart, okay? Time heals all wounds, walang sugat na di kayang gamutin. Always remember that, Lara okay?"

"Thank you, Cloud." Ibinaba ko ang tawag and opened my laptop. I suddenly saw the picture of me, Gian, Gino and Luke. I caressed the screen and felt my eyes watering. I remembered everything. The happiness of having a whole family, the joy Gino and Luke felt when Gian would bring home treats for them. The joy Gian gave to Gino and Luke, the joy I can never give Kio and Kei.

Gino, Luke.. Anong gagawin ko? Ang sakit pa rin ng mga nangyari, at hindi ko alam kung kaya kong kalimutan yun ng ganun na lang..