CHAPTER-26 EDITED

Chapter-26

Logan

Whoever invented the thing and word 'waiting' is seriously an insane person because I despise this waiting shit and it's getting to my each and every core. You must say I'm overreacting, but maybe I'm because it's not you but my mate who gathered that rogue girl in his arms and handed her son to his brother and sprinted towards the pack house like someone hot on his tail, without any glance towards me.

His mate.

And currently we all are in the hospital and patiently waiting for the information for us to have on those two rogues that and my mate hasn't had a seat from the minute he has stepped foot in the premises, it's annoying me the hell up.

After what felt like eternity, the wait was finally over, when Jamie's brother Joshua entered the waiting area with a tired smile, which caught Jamie's attention and within a blink of an eye he was in front of Joshua looking frantic.

"how are they?" he said "are they alright?"

"calm down Jamie, I know how you feel, but..." Joshua tailed "the kid is fine but, Cynthia, she's in bad shape I don't know.."

Everyone can see that Jamie was affected badly by this, the way he took the big breaths to calm him down, the way his hands form in fist time to time, I know I can make him calm, but the question is 'will he accept my touch, my comfort?'.

"can I see her" Jamie asked, and the quietly whispered "please"

Joshua just nodded his head which was enough for Jamie to sprint out of the room and make us look after his back as he disappeared from our view.

"Ok can anyone please tell me what the hell is happening here. I was quiet until now but, I need an explanation, now" I said totally frustrated, of course I will be because my mate is in the room with the women name Cynthia, which I don't know about and top of all it I want to confront him and not to jump on any conclusion just yet, but it's getting really difficult.

"sorry Alpha" Roman was first one to speak "I just don't know and I really suggest we first talk to Jamie first on this before anything, he might give us more on this women"

"Fine" I said and left the room to my house where I can take a long relaxing shower before I rip someone's head off.

................

It's evening now and I'm in my house working nonstop so that I can divert my mind and wait patiently for my mate and for that matter anyone to come and brief me on the event that took place in my pack lands.

I just don't want to lose my mate, before I even had him close to me, and I definitely can't lose my mate to the woman in the pack hospital, what if she's the mother of Ethan and that boy with her is also Adam's, how can I ever compete with that. It's impossible to compete, heck I even leave them alone for their children's sake and live the life of celibate, just with the thought of my mate living peacefully with another woman.

I was pulled out of my thoughts with the knock on the door and then it hit me the smell of my mate, which I have grown to love, leaving the urge to go and open the door and engulf my mate into my arms, I chose the subtle approach and just called to come in .

I watched as Adam slowly and cautiously opened the door to my office and slowly closed behind him and then I noticed he had Ethan with him in his baby carrier, he made his way towards my desk and the sense to touch him and kiss him became overwhelmed, but I stayed put.

"Can I sit?" he asked, not looking at me.

"Of course" I said as normal as I can.

He slowly sat on the chair and then took Ethan from his baby carrier and into his arms and then looked at me briefly and the little eye contact was enough to send me into the depths and bound and I found myself asking "how are you?"

"just peachy" he said and then continued "I knew you have lots and lots of question about today's event, and I can tell you some of the things and maybe in meantime I might tell all of it, it's just hard for me, very hard"

"So let me in Adam, I can help you help you" I said softly moving towards him.

"I know, I know, '' he said and looked into my eyes "that's why I'm here, to give us a chance, only if you let me" he doesn't know that's what I want, that's what I wanted from the start. Before I could say further he started "we can discuss this later, first of all I wanted to tell Cynthia, she...." He took a deep breath to compose himself , I just smiled at him to encourage him , that it's ok to say "she is my best friend from the university, and that boy with her is her son, Erin. She's mated to the beta of the Evenge pack from Seattle, you might know them..." he said, of course I know them , they are our allies ''she told that their pack has been ambushed by hunters and rogues , her mate and the Alpha has been murdered and some of the pack members are dead while the others moved to the packs of their families and she's been moving protecting her and Erin from the rogues as they were hunting her too and they finally got her, she's in the bad shape Logan very bad shape and she gave me these" he handed me some papers which I never noticed he had with him " and I really don't know what to do, and she might not survive another night and I just...." He choked his own words and hugged Ethan to his chest and inhaled his scent to calm him down.

I looked down at the papers he gave me, and unfolded them and looked at them, and saw it's the custody papers of Erin.

"What are these Adam?" I asked him softly.

"she wants me to have the legal custody of her son Erin, with my mate consent of course" he said "I get it if you don't want to, and to do nothing with me, and who wants to have the kid of other, just say it Logan and I will be out of here" the way he said those words are the swords in my chest and abruptly stood from my seat and might have startled Ethan or Adam and crouched in front of his chair.

"don't even think about that, like you are getting rid of me Adam. You are stuck with me for an eternity and only if you have me and might know that I was the dick from starting not you, accused you of the things I don't know, and if you want to accept the custody of Erin , I'm standing right beside you, ok" I said softly.

"ok" Adam said "only if you have us"

"I would like that ever much, Adam very much" I said because next thing I know I'm on my office floor with Ethan on me and Adam laughing his ass off. Definitely can get used to this.