CHAPTER-21 EDITED

Chapter-21

Jamie (Adam)

"It was not my fault and you know it" I said to Roman because at this very moment he's giving me a lecture about how I should behave with our Alpha, as if I'm the asshole here which is not at all true, hello I'm the actual victim buddy.

"I don't care what he said but, you must have kept your cool Jamie because he's the Alpha and he's been generous to us to let us. They let us stay here when our own blood didn't" Roman practically growled, I watched him with narrowed eyes and I'm sure mine were blazing with anger too.

"don't go there Roman and you very well know that too, I'm never been very keen of insults and especially about my family and more importantly when Ethan is involved, and one more thing Roman if you feel so ashamed about me being here and standing for myself I can gladly leave here too and let you and your family live in peace" I said with that without another glance I was out of door in my house , I just leaned against the door frame and let out the relieved sigh and thought, it's no matter how much you try to avoid something's they always catch up to you .

"What's wrong" came Jeremy with Ethan in his arms totally startling me with his sudden question.

"Nothing just tired I guess"I simply said and moved towards them and took Ethan from Jereremy' s arms and held him close to me, so as to soothe my ragging nerves and settled on the couch. Jeremy settled beside me and asked "Are you really alright?" concern showing in his voice.

"Yes, just a little headache up here" I said pointing towards my head, not to concern him too much I changed the subject "so how you and Summer doing" which made him break into a smile and a little blush coated his cheeks.

"aww you are blushing, ahh little brat in love" I teased him making all lovey-dovey voices and gestures and Ethan just laughed along all it as if it was for him stupid adorable kid.

"Quit teasing me Jamie and yes we are both doing fine and if it's make you feel better she giving that jerk of her Alpha brother a silent treatment and it's her third week with it and I can assure you that he is licking his own wounds" Jeremy said well I would be lying when I say I didn't feel bad about it but, only tiniest part of me is and soon it vanished when I think of his cruel words.

"Well I don't care what he thinks or says, just I don't like to be questioned when I'm not ready for that" I said and kissed Ethan's nose which made him giggle.

"Yeah I know, but in my opinion he's the wrong one judging people just like that, he was throwing a sissy fit any way stupid Alpha" said Jeremy on which I just laughed throwing my head back.

"Oh god Jeremy seriously, I never knew you hated him like that and here I thought you were trying to get in his good books" I said still chuckling from before.

"well not more certainly, he can't just insult my family and get away with it" Jeremy said softly moved his fingers on Ethan's nose "well I think I should go get some homework done, after all I have fulfilled my babysitter duty today" standing up from his positioned he said, I took out twenty from my side pocket and handed to him saying "very well then here your tip then"

"Well thank you sir, I shall see you at my next babysitter session" with that and with a two finger salute he was out of the door.

"Well it looks like it's just you and me" I said to Ethan who just tilted his head to sideways and smiled at me and reached out to pat my cheek more like struck me hard, but it's ok his one smile makes my day anyway.

.........

Later that day I was busy doing laundry for the whole week while Ethan took his afternoon nap. Lucky kid gets to sleep whenever he wants, ah what can I do to have a very nice nap but, no I have to play bloody homemaker and do all these laundry for god sake.

I was just about to put the last of the laundry away when my doorbell rang again and it looked like all of the people were in dire need of my presence. I just hurried towards the front door when I opened it was none other than Emma with Riley in her arms, I just open my door to let them in and asked "well don't tell Roman send you to give me another lecture 'how-to-respect-your alpha-even-he's-an-asshole'"

"Language Jamie, and no Roman didn't send me I just came here to tell you that I need to run some errands with other pack ladies and so want you to take care of Riley for a while, so will you" Emma asked

"Yeah why not and I'm sure Riley has been missing Ethan" I took Riley bag from her and said "do you want something water or juice?"

"nah I just need to go they must be on my way they must be waiting for me and Jamie don't take Roman words to your heart ok, you know he's concerned and we never know when will our past can hinder our future" Emma softly added the last part I know it's true but, sometimes I also want my brother to talk to me not some beta with responsibilities.

"I know, now get going before they leave without you" I said and gently pushed her towards the door.

"Gee I'm going no need to push, I love you both" Emma said and kissed my cheek and Riley's forehead and like that she's out of my house.

"Well Riley looks like you are spending some time with your awesome uncle and cousin Ethan" I said making little flying action with him in my arms which made him giggle "you like when I throw you in air" I did just that he laughed more a full blown child laugh, how much I love when one of them laugh like that.

"Well little monster we have to stop your fun for a while so your uncle can work a little ok" I said to him as if he's going to understand me but, it's a worth a try when I was about to go back to put away last of laundry again when the doorbell rang, I just huffed in annoyance and put Riley in Ethan's cote and then moved to open the door and to my surprise it was someone far from my imagination was standing at my doorstep which assaulted all my senses with his unique sent and before I could register myself what was I saying I find myself uttering the words

"What are you doing here?" .