CHAPTER - 13 EDITED

Chapter-13

Adam (Jamie)

Later that night while I was preparing dinner for four for a change while Ryan with his friend whose name I learned is Leo were playing with very energetic Ethan who was squealing every now and then with fit of giggles from there goofy antics, which put smile on my face which I only do in his presence now.

And instantly my thoughts drifted to Logan, Ryan's brother who was coming back tomorrow? and I also learned today they are holding a grand get together to celebrate the arrival of their Alpha and other companions, I sigh I was doing this lot lately and I don't think it's healthy to think too much of a person you haven't met but, still my mind is swirling with all the questions of what he would be like? Young or old? Bad or good? And whatnot.

Then I heard the footsteps nearing the kitchen and then entered Ryan holding Ethan over his shoulder and his friend Leo was making funny faces at him which make him set in other fits of laughter along with them, sometimes I wish why we can't be like them so free, childish, lovable but, again you grow up?. Hurdling and struggling with the curve balls life threw at you. Yet It's the law of nature. To change and adapt.

When they were all seated on their respective chairs and now both grown up boys looking at me expectantly and the little baby to their side was lost in his own dream world. I raised a brow at them and asked "what?"

"Can you hurry up because I'm hungry here?" Ryan said, patting his stomach and Leo agreed with him.

"Do I look like some magician to you, who will chant some mantra and your food is served?" with sarcasm laced in my voice.

"No but, I would like to see you try," Ryan said with a shrug of his shoulder.

"Seriously if your brother is somewhat like you then I think we will have a problem on our hands" I said facing the boiling pasta in the pan.

"Well bad news he's worse than me" Ryan said and added "and you'll get to know him shortly in matter of less than 24 hours, cheers to that"

"Whatever you say boy and here your pastas and juice, eat get the hell out of here" I said in joking manner of course.

"Awe Adam now its low blow, you can't go around kicking your family" Ryan said faking to get hurt.

"Who said you and I were family" I said and took the seat opposite to the two boys while eating my own dinner while I already fed Ethan.

"Now you wound me brother, if you do not consider me as your family you soon will be, you'll see and I'll be there to tell you 'I told you so'" Ryan said waving his hand in the air to prove his point.

"Whatever you say Ryan, whatever you say" I said and resumed my eating and then we didn't exchange any more words and soon they were out of my house after saying goodbye to me and they left to their respective houses. I cleaned the kitchen and washed all the dishes which they wanted to help with but, as a good host I declined them to do any work and now I'm taking a very sleepy Ethan to our room so he can sleep in his bed.

After putting Ethan to his bed I quickly changed into my pajamas and lay on my bed and only source of light was moon and that was efficient for me to gaze outside for few seconds up in the sky, when I was little I used to stargaze with my father mostly every night and use to think they are the people who left us to be with the moon goddess, I miss them terribly but I have to be strong not for me but, for Ethan he deserve everything more than I ever did. I just pray to the moon goddess that whatever future you hold for us just don't take Ethan away from me and with that thought I was lulled into darkness.

...........

Next morning pack was in full swing would be an understatement it was in chaos like some Hollywood star is coming on their land and everyone of them was busy doing their assigned chores and I was making my way to the pack hospital taking Ethan for check up because he's been crying all morning and half the noon and eating nothing and also vomited twice, I am getting worried now.

Walking up to the reception desk and asked for the child specialist and filled all the necessary forms with all the information that needed and now I was waiting with now little calm Ethan in my arms he hid his face in crook of my neck, I was swaying him little back and forth which was making him stop crying or whimpering. When a nurse called our name and assisted to the doctor's office and took Ethan from me and starts a regular check up like his temperature and other things, shortly after minute or two doctors arrived was wearing a summer dress and wore a dazzling smile on her face and greeted us "you must be Adam right and that's your son Ethan, well it's nice to meet you I'm Dr. Sky"

"Hello it's good to see you too" I politely greeted her, she asked me about the problem Ethan has which I told her with the other questions accompanied.

"Well Mr. Adam, your son is fine, just a little fever and a little stomach bug, otherwise he's good to go. I'll write some medicine for you to get and meet me after three days to check his progress, otherwise he's all fine" Dr. Sky informed me.

"Thank you Dr. Sky" I said and we bid our goodbyes and after buying all the necessary medicines I went home straight.

Later in the evening when I was preparing early dinner for Ethan and I , suddenly my front door kicked open and came in my long lost family and I said "well isn't this the family I lost a long time ago so, what do I owe the presence for?"

"Shut up, your sarcasm is not needed now, and what are you doing? Anyways" Roman asked, taking a seat beside his mate Emma.

"For your information I'm fixing an early dinner for me and Ethan" I said motioning to the pans on the stove.

"And may I ask why? And aren't you going to come to the celebration for the coming of the alpha" Roman asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Nah I can't Ethan is sick" I said and both Emma and Roman looked in alarm at me I quickly added "now he's alright I took him to the doctor today it's a stomach bug but, I'm still taking my precautions so, I'm not coming for the celebrations and what's the point you all be there and you can wish the Alpha welcome back from my side too" with the wave of my hand in the end.

"Ok take care if you need anything just mind link any of us and we will be there in instant okay" Roman said and took Riley from Emma's hand into his and they both got up to leave but, not before saying "take care and if you need me I'll be here in a heartbeat" I just nodded and waved them goodbye with that words said they were out to join the celebration to welcome our alpha.

I prepared the last bit of dinner and then left to see Ethan still in his crib now fully awake sucking on his fingers. I gently picked him up and coed at him "how are you feeling boy?" I know he can't speak but, sometimes it's good to talk to him even if he can't understand or talk back.

I rubbed his back soothingly and said "let's feed you boy so, you can get better and healthy in no time" and made my way with Ethan in my arms in the kitchen. I sat him down in his high chair and then moved to grab the plates full of food to eat. I prepared rice stew for me and some soup for Ethan that the doctor has suggested making, so I started feeding him and taking bites of my food in between. Thankfully Ethan ate his food without fuss today, after eating our early dinner and cleaning the counter I skipped with Ethan in our living room and put some children channel on TV for Ethan to see and which will keep him entertained until he will be ready to fall asleep again. As Ethan drifted and lost himself in the world of singing vegetables, my thoughts drifted back to the Alpha. What does he look like? Is he already found his mate or not? Is he cruel or as kind as his father? My mind was buzzing with all kinds of questions but the answers were yet to be found. I sighed and glanced at Ethan who was clapping his hand excitedly and enjoying his time of entertainment, I stood up and walked to the window which shows the clear view where the celebration was held, my wolf was urging me to go there and see our Alpha, which was new my wolf never had been that demanding or persuasive but, I held it back and thought sooner or later we will be able to meet him so why bother now. With that thought and one last lingering glance at the celebration grounds I went back and took my seat next to Ethan on the floor and gathered him in my arms and sat their content and my thoughts on the certain Alpha back on my mind.

For now.