CHAPTER-22 EDITED

Chapter-22

Jamie (Adam)

"I...." he tried to say.

"I asked you a question" I said to him, what the hell he's doing in her in front of my house, I mean I know he's the Alpha and all but, seriously what does he want now, "well let me ask you again, considering your lack of ability to understand the damn simple question" I forced out of my mouth.

"What are you doing here?" I asked again seriously, he's getting on my damn nerves and top of that he's still not answering the simple question, "oh love of freaking god, what's so hard about the question, seriously dude if you are here to talk about some shit or insult me some more, I'm seriously not in the best mood and top of it I have to look after the little monsters so, unless you have something valuable to say, so please or just do whatever Alpha's do" I finished and you known, what's the most surprising thing is, I still didn't get any answer from him.

I was about to give him a piece of my mind when a loud piercing cry broke my sight from his rather beautiful, attractive, mesmerizing yet adorable face. Without any more wait I left the front door open, he can come in or not it's up to him, but I choose later.

I went up to my room and took Ethan from the crib and held him close to me and murmured sweet words into his ear so, he calm down which he did, we both went downstairs to see Logan looking at the pictures on the wall they are not much but, still are very close to me and my family, away from those haunted memories, this is not the time for those thoughts Jamie.

I put Ethan with Riley, who thankfully didn't make a fuss and cleared my throat loudly "so are you ready to say something or just going to play mute today, not that I mind" I said dismissively.

He looked at me like he was solving an interesting puzzle or tries to study me like I'm some species from another planet, he finally broke his stare and to looked towards the two toddlers in the cote playing with each other, Logan heaved a sigh and then opened his mouth to say and then closed it again, well he finally realizes he made a mistake of coming here.

"Why are you so rude?" Logan finally asked

"Sorry" I asked little taken aback

"I asked you, why are you so rude?" Logan said again, with a raised eyebrow.

Anger bubbled inside me "well I can ask you the same Alpha" I mocked him with my answer.

Logan again went to his mute mode and thinking, I don't know about what but, he finally said "ok fine, I'm here to talk to you; like an adult not, two teenagers fighting over their ego, can we do that" I study him as he made his request, I was seriously want to throw him out but, a rational part of me and even the bigger part of my wolf was urging me to compel to his wishes so, I agreed with the nod.

"Why not, take a seat wherever you want?" I said to him, to which he gladly responded and took a seat in the armchair. "So you want something to eat or drink?" I asked out of politeness.

"Well water is just fine" he said. I nodded and went inside the kitchen to get him the glass of water and for me a chance to be away from his mouth watering scent.

When I came outside with his glass of water, the sight I saw warmed my heart and the new emotion that entered the picture of my life was very foreign to me and rather scary too. But, I still can't disturb their bonding, if it was one. There stood Logan holding Ethan in his arms and whispering god knows what, with my werewolf hearing I still can't hear anything just got one word 'sorry', he was asking for forgiveness, from not even yet one year old baby, which should make me furious but, it was total opposite it warmed my heart to its core, which shook me to a new level, which made me thinking if I'm doing the right choice of dismissing our bond, our connection or it was just spur of moment.