CHAPTER-3 EDITED

Chapter-3

"Please don't leave me, how can I do such a thing, how can you leave me hanging here, I need you, your son needs you, no please Evelyn please don't" I beg her.

"I can't Jamie and I know you, I trust you to love my son like yours and to protect him with all the harm his way, I know you can do this for me, for Chris, please" she said and with that she lie their lifeless, once rosy cheeks of her were pale like the silent around us.

..............

I woke up again with a nightmare that has been my routine for the past six months. Every night all the events of that day played in my mind and it's already been six months but' it's still fresh in my memory like a Sunday morning. I sighed and glanced down to see Jeremy sleeping peacefully collapsing my hand in his and to my other side Ethan is still asleep too. I saw the time on my wrist watch it's 3:30 am, so it's no use to sleep anymore because we are going to leave around five.

I slowly slid off the bed and went to my bathroom and blankly stared in the mirror at my reflection for a few seconds. I looked pale and my blue eyes looked dull, I closed my eyes. After sometimes I was done doing my usual morning routine and now I was buttoning up my shirt, after buttoning up I combed my wet hair from shower and I was all set to go. I quickly took all our belongings which were needed to be loaded in the car trunk and the truck which consist of our needed material, went down out of the house to the garage and placed it there.

When I reached my room as it's 4 am already and I heard Roman and Emma are up and Joshua was up too, I crouched next to Jeremy and shook him a little but, he stayed put after third try he opened his eyes and asked "it's time already"

"Yeah" I replied and told him to go and get ready, as he went to his room to get ready and gather his stuff, as on cue Ethan start crying in his crib, I got up and took Ethan in my arms and lead him to my bed and laid him their checked his nappy, which surprisingly was clean "shhhh, I'm here, daddy's here" I cooed at him, I sway him a little when he quieted a little bit I went into the bathroom and ran a warm bath for him, after cleaning him up and changing him in his new set of clothes and packing his other stuff which I needed there for him I took the last two bags, I checked again for anything I forgot when I got nothing I switched off the light and shut the room my way out and lead me and Ethan downstairs where a little chatter was heard.

When I reached in the living room I took glance that Joshua was ready in his faded jeans and his normal t-shirt and drinking coffee, and on his other side Jeremy was all set too and all their luggage was near the door when Joshua saw me there standing he came up and said "let me help you there" took the bags and placed them with others, I walked were Jeremy was sitting and took next spot beside him, who was busy eating some cereal I guess.

Emma came into room with Riley in her arms, he was big now considering the fact he is five months old now and exact replica of Roman just his eye color he took from his mother which was hazel with black hairs just like Roman, Emma had one milk bottle in her hand and handed it to me saying "thought you needed it" and jerked her head towards Ethan, who was now eyeing milk as his prey.

"Thanks" I said to her and took the bottle from her and started feeding Ethan, who greedily took it. I shook my head smiling and bent over and kissed his forehead lightly, he looked up with his sparkling blue eyes and made some noise, which I considered as his appreciation and I smiled at him "you like it when I kiss you" he made that sound again, I smiled at him and continued feeding him.

After he was fed Roman came into the room all set to go "ok, let's go it's almost ten hour drive there so, we should be going now, all things are taken and kids fed" we nodded, as Joshua and Jeremy placed all the luggage left in the truck.