CHAPTER-2 EDITED

Chapter-2

Next morning our house or I should say our temporary house was in chaos and because of that poor Ethan had a hard time going to sleep and Riley was on the same boat. So I thought it was better for me to take them for a little walk outside which will calm them and here I'm with these two little cute monsters on a walk and thanks to moon goddess they are now relaxed and enjoying the cool breeze outside.

I can't believe we are leaving first thing tomorrow. We will be leaving behind the nightmares of our past behind to start fresh and give these new lives a better future and secure environment that's what parents want right, a responsible loving parent and I vowed to them that they I'll take care of him like my own and I'm adamant to do that if it meant my life, I'll do that in a heartbeat.

As I am about to take them to the nearby tree and sit there for a few minutes, my dear overprotective brother mind linked me to come back home abruptly.

Stupid overprotective brother. I sighed and reluctantly followed his orders.

In a few minutes I am entering the house with the kids. Just as I was about to close the door I was surrounded by my family, my brothers, Emma and her brother Jeremy who is just fifteen.

"Where were you?" asked Roman in his overprotective mode.

"What? We just went for a little walk" I said, shrugging my shoulders; walking past them to sit on a couch.

"Just for a walk, without telling any of us and with those two c'mon you know it's dangerous out there, you can't just get up and go out saying 'just a walk' anything could happen to you and the kids" Roman lectured, shaking his head in a disapproving manner.

I just rolled my eyes at his rant because he gives this same one every damn time, who leaves the house without telling him? It can be anyone who's out of the house for a short run or walk understandably who can blame his overprotective nature. We all went through enough already.

"geez, I'm fine and kids they are fine too and we went for small walk I needed it and kids needed it too, they had been all fussy since the morning and now just fine, a little fresh air can do miracles and think you should go and get your fair share of fresh air, looks like you needed it." I said to him

He just shook his head and said "please don't go roaming like that ok." I just nodded my head understanding his emotions without a doubt. "Good, now what's the status of packing and stuff?" he asked, more like demanded from all of us.

"All of mine stuff is packed and I already loaded it in the truck along with Jeremys' and other kids stuff too packed and already loaded" Joshua said

"Good and what about you Jamie?" Roman asked me.

"Yeah" I said absentmindedly, not paying much attention to their word exchange.

"I asked if all your and Ethan's things are packed, considering the fact we would be leaving first thing in the morning" Roman repeated himself again.

"Oh right, yeah I packed all our stuff, just a few of his toys are left to be packed other than that not much " I replied to ease his mind and my ears from another verbal assault from him.

He mind linked Emma his mate as she turned to me and extended her arms for me to hand him, Ethan to her, which I did but, as sensing my confused expression Roman spoke "I need to talk to you and rest of you please pack whatever is left to do"

He motioned me to follow him in his study, which I did and closed the door behind me and sat opposite him on the sofa facing him.

We both sat there in silence, both lost in our own thoughts and no one spoke for a few minutes just sitting there doing nothing.

But Roman spoke "Adam are you fine and I mean it really fine, about us leaving these lands and going over to live with the other Alphas land"

He stopped talking and searched my face for any traces of emotion or question when he got none he sighed and said "how I'm supposed to help you, if you don't let me in" he spoke gently.

I sighed heavily and ran my hand through my hair and spoke "I'm fine you don't have to be stressed on my part and the part of us being moving I don't mind as long as we are together and the kids are safe because I don't want to lose any more of my family"

"Good, because I truly believe this is what our family wants right now. A little bit of stability and security. It will be better and you and Joshua might find your mates even" Roman said with a small smile on his face.

"Yeah, I don't know about Joshua but I can tell you that I don't need one and I'm perfectly fine being alone and Ethan by my side" I said to him.

"You are saying that now but, when you found it you don't want to ever let them go" Roman says with a loving expression on his face, must be thinking about Emma when they found each other.

"Yeah whatever, let's forget about it I'll pass the bridge when required" I said dismissively.

"So is that all then, I have some stuff still lying around to be packed" I ask

"Yeah, go on" he replied

I got up and moved closer to the door for exit but, stealing the last glance at him but couldn't refrain myself asking him "hey is everything alright, I mean with legal stuff and all"

He glanced up at me and said "yeah everything is done and settled, actually"

I nodded my head in understanding and said "good, I will see you later" . With that I left his study and went up to my room to do some packing.

...............

At dinner time we all were seated opposite Joshua and Jeremy beside me and Emma sitting beside Roman who is sitting at the head of the family chair and the little toddlers are in their highchairs in the kitchen.

As we were eating in silence in a comfortable one Jeremy broke it by asking the question "so is this new pack any good?" Anyone can see his distress from miles away and frankly, no one can blame him, new place, new people and what not. A whole new land to call home.

"It is a good place and a very good pack indeed but, why are you asking?" Roman questioned back.

"Just curious" he mumbled, poor bloke too afraid to speak his mind.

Before I could say anything Joshua beat me to it "c'mon Roman can't you tell kid is nervous there we all are to some extent. We are going to a new pack. We are going to call it our home and you are saying 'why you ask', gee sometimes I wonder how your kids are going to put up with you" shaking his head in a dramatic way.

We all chuckled a bit excluding Roman who was frowning at him and finally said "a very good father indeed, not like a book nerd like someone I knew"

"It's said being intelligent but, who can blame you jock" Joshua threw back referring to his school career where he was a jock and popular one indeed.

"Ok knock it off you two, I seriously think you two are worse than toddlers' ' Emma says, shaking her head in disbelief but her eyes give away her amusement anyhow.

Other than that dinner went quite silent, not that I was complaining and at the end of it we all helped Emma to clean all the mess and helped to pack the stuff we needed with us and loaded in the truck with the other stuff to be left unpacked and yet to be loaded.

"So all the stuff is loaded right and everything you all need is packed and ready" Roman asked us this question nth time already. He is such a worry ward.

"Yeah" we all mumbled, he nodded his head and said "ok, now off you go to bed because we need an early start, the car ride is almost ten hours, so be prepared" with that he left towards his room with Emma and Riley on his toes.

I picked up Ethan from his high chair and eyed the other two "so good night, see you two in the morning" they both mumbled their good night and Joshua left for his room and I was about to head towards my room when Jeremy spoke "hey Adam can I sleep in your room" so quietly.

I inspected him for a little while and said "sure" with that I moved higher up the stairs and made a beeline to my room with a very drowsy Ethan in my arms and Jeremy on my heels.

Because tomorrow is a new start for a happy life or maybe not.