Does she not like me?

I tossed in the bed uneasily. My head was clouded with too many thoughts.

{What the hell is wrong with her? Does she remember her husband? Leave that, does she even remember that she is married? This girl will be the death of me!}

**FLASHBACK**

Two months ago, I was married to Siri. The day after our marriage, we left to visit a temple town; as it was a tradition in our family. She missed her family too much during that period. Thus, I being the biggest idiot of the world; decided to let her stay with her parents for few more days, until she prepared herself to spend her life with me. I had a chance to realise my mistake when her parents asked me again and again … “Are you sure?”

{But being the dumb-head I am, I didn’t foresee the results of my oh-so-noble act of trying to keep Siri happy.}

I made them understand that their daughter missed them a lot.

“But she will get used to it in a few days … she can overcome the homesickness gradually …” her worried mother tried to explain.

**End of flashback**

{TWO MONTHS and not even a single phone call from her side. I try a hundred times to call her but she rejects all my calls. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH HER?????}

“AAAHHH! My head will burst now!” I shouted in frustration, and it echoed in the empty house.

{I am fed up of living this lonely life. I asked my parents to come here and stay with me. At least, they could help me keep her thoughts out of my head! But they said they were extremely attached to the village and the fields there. My native is a beautiful village; with fields, lakes, greenery all over and old fashioned buildings. My house had beautiful sloping roofs with red mud tiles and it was so cool in summer. I don’t blame my parents for wishing to stay there. I too want to do it. But my job has brought me here.} I sighed.

After deciding that sleep has betrayed me, I took my mobile. It was 11:30 pm. I dialled the number of my Paaru.

After 5 long rings, a sleepy voice answered the call.

“Hello!”

“Hi!”

“What is it?”

“Is this how you receive the call of your darling?”

“Enough of your drama. I am sleepy. What made you call me now?”

“I am not able to sleep.”

“But I am sleepy. Don’t disturb me now. Let’s talk tomorrow.”

“Please dear!”

She giggled.
“Siri is not letting you sleep, isn’t it?”

{Did I mention why I love my Paaru? She peeks into my mind, literally! She is my best friend, since childhood. I treat her like my little sister, though we were born on the same day, at the same time! No one knew me better than her. Not even my parents. She had always been with me during each and happy and sad moment of my life, during each trouble and celebration.}

“Lost in thoughts of your wife?”

“Umm … no …”

“I know how you are feeling.”

“What should I do then?”

“Should I tell you?”

“Hmm …?”

“Are you a kid? Go get your wife to your house tomorrow.”

“But … she may not still be ready.”

“Are you expecting her to call you and ask you to bring her here?”

“Actually yes.”

“Stupid! Even if she wants to be with you, she would not want to leave her family and come with you. That is how most girls will feel after marriage. And by what I have heard of your wife, she would never do such a thing in her entire life.”

“That is what I fear. Does she not like me?”

“You are the sweetest person in the world. There would not be any person in this world who would not like you. Just go bring her.”

“I …”

“I need to go now. Sleep tight and have a happy journey tomorrow.”

She cut the call without giving me a chance to say anything more. She is always like that … very dominant. I smiled to myself and drifted to sleep