13| Stalker 101

Chapter 13: Stalker 101

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

M E R C Y

I lay in agony after the doctors came in to stitch me up. Is this it? Me just getting cut up and put back together like a rag doll?

I glance around my room. It's more of a cell disguised as a room, but nevertheless still a room.

" Come, we're 'releasing' you, but try anything funny and you will be killed," One of the guards sneers, unshackling me and letting me stretch.

Are they trying to bribe me into marrying him?

Might as well make the most of it.

I get up and immediately start walking around, feeling the stares and hearing the scoffs of those around me. Embarrassed, I hurry up with my small expedition, before ending up at what I assume is the blondie's study.

I don't think he's inside. Trying not to make too much of a scene I open the door slowly before slipping inside.

A large plaque on the desk reads 'Xavier' which I guess is the blondie's name. Also, it's all black. Everything in the room is black except one wall. One wall with pictures of me.

The wall is covered with snippets of where I've been, from me walking to school till when I was with Blake. It scares me just how much he knows about me.

" I see you've found my little research wall," I hear a voice sneer from behind me.

I turn around to see Xavier leaning against the door.

" How....?" I mutter softly, mainly in utter disbelief of the scene in front of me. I never realised that he was this...obsessed.

" I want to show you what real love is. You don't need to be by yourself. Your mother made a very stupid mistake, but maybe it was a blessing for me. Don't you want to do this for your mother?" He smirks innocently. But no smirk is ever innocent.

" I...it..what?" I mutter, not able to muster the words as to how I was feeling. I'm..confused. I thought he was psycho, but now I realise he's insane.

" It's nice to see you speechless," Xavier smirks, turning around and fiddling with some things on his desk.
" I am most definitely not speechless," I say, before whispering under my breath, " So why don't you shut up,".

" I heard that," Xavier calls out from behind his desk.
" Congratulations. You discovered one of your five senses, now go find the other 4!" I shoot back, making Xavier chuckle.

It's weirdly calming.

" Now stop snooping and just please go to your room," He then says while I was investigating a series of letters.

Rolling my eyes, I slam the door shut with glee as I hear Xavier jump at the loud sound.

Karma's a fucking bitch.

Instead of heading to my room, I go and do some more exploring, ignoring everyone else. The other me would probably want to run, but for some reason I feel oddly comfortable with the fact they're staring at me. It's obvious why anyway.

" What are you doing?" I hear from behind me.
I turn to see a girl around my age.

" I'm Selena, Xavier's sister," She says, trailing off towards the end.
" Xavier has a sister now? Great," I mumble. " Mercy," I say louder assessing her appearance.

She's very similar to Xavier with large bright green eyes and long platinum blonde hair. She's just smaller than me in height, but very confident considering the clothes she is wearing, with a lot of skin shown.

" I know, and would you come with me, you are in dire need of some better clothes," She scoffs jokingly, taking my hand and guiding me to her room.

The bright blue of the room lifted the atmosphere, Selena treating me as the sister I never had. Xavier is probably trying to get me to stay, but I can't. I can't just pretend that I never had friends in the old gang.

' And there we go," Selena says, tying the bobble at the end of the long french plait she had done.

I get up and see myself looking much more alive than before. " Thank you so much," I smile, taking in my appearance.

" Yes, but I need something in return," Selena suddenly says, her eyes not meeting mine.
" What?"
" I need you to teach me to fight," Selena says so quietly I only heard the words teach and fight.

I look back to the last time I tried to fight. " Selena I don't think I'm the person to teach anyone to fight," I say, backing away.
" Please try, you could overcome your fear while I learn," She begs, her eyes widening with despair.

I just nod silently, at a loss of words. I didn't know what to say or what to do except agree. As to why she still didn't know how to fight I didn't know, but if she wanted to know that desperately, then maybe I could do this.

The next day was spent with Selena learning how to punch. Surprisingly enough, I didn't start seeing Savannah, but there was no one hitting me anyway, it was just Selena hitting a punching bag, so I don't know if it made a difference.

Xavier would come and visit me once in a while. I was growing attached and I hated it. I began to enjoy Xavier's laugh, and live to hear his voice.

Xavier is amazing at telling stories. He can make anyone listen, and anyone will be filled with awe listening to his stories, but it also shows how weak I am.

I can't listen to him. He's corrupting me for his own benefit. I know he's not a nice person, but something in me is telling me that he is and it's an unusual feeling.

" Anyway darling, how was your night so far?" He asks, coming way too close for comfort.
" Great, but um, can you move?" I mumble, as Xavier appears not to have heard a single word I had said.

Selena was looking in with shock, trying to come in and to be honest, it took me by shock as well. But at the same time, Xavier was drunk and unresponsive.

However, all of a sudden the window breaks open and I hear a familiar voice shout " I'm back bitches!"

I'm such a useless author. Like I've only edited up to like 13 chapters and have another 40 to go. And the entire book now doesn't make sense but I'm just trying to save my reads.