11| To Understand

Chapter 11: To understand

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

M E R C Y

I wake up in the same grassy hill I fell asleep on. I then feel Blake's arms around me keeping me warm.

Embarrassed, I quickly get up, waking Blake in the process. " Princess where are you going?" He asks, pushing back his messy hair.

This guy should really hold back on the random nicknames.

" Back to the gang house, where we're supposed to be," I say in a 'duh' tone.
" Oh shit we're late for breakfast," Blake mumbles, getting to his feet.

We run back in the sunlight, the leaves crunching beneath our feet. The sun has risen up already, telling me it's around 8:30 or 9. since it's Autumn. The daylight allowed the trees to stand tall in the light, their colours dominating the entire forest, occasionally the leaf drifting down in front of us, usually in flashes of yellow, orange or brown.

We finally find ourselves in front of the very place we began.

" Now you enter first, and I'll enter in after a while, don't particularly want anyone to see us enter together," He says.

Ouch.

Blake notices my face fall and then says, " Not because I'm embarrassed, because we don't want everyone to get the 'wrong' idea," He winks.

I just give a disgusted face in response.

B L A K E

I never though friends was a good concept in a gang. In the end we're all killers. Nothing you do can change the fact that you're responsible for someone's life, responsible for the fact that someone out there is grieving and decaying from reality due to your actions.

But Mercy isn't a murderer. She's a fighter. And there's always a difference. Mercy doesn't get what she's dragged herself into, and one day she will.

She's funny enough, but you can tell from the way she looks down that's she's not always okay, and she hides it from the world with a small smile.

It's literally only been a day. She's my friend now. And it's enough. It's really enough. Because sometimes all you need is a friend and nothing else. I can't count Sienna because well...she's my sister. We fight way more than any friends would anyway.

Friends are there for each other. And the best bit is Mercy doesn't..understand what I do. Doesn't understand who I really am. Doesn't understand what I can do and can't. But that makes me better in her eyes. Building up a facade of what she thinks I am drives me to become that very image.

Because to the rest of the gang. I'm not that perfect image. I am what I am and that's all they see. They only see the big bad wolf. The one who scares everyone away and I hate it. But I can't change because once again, I am what I am. It's hard to change that, and that applies to everyone. You can pretend to be someone, but you'll never be that someone on the inside, it takes everything you are in exchange for everything you want to be. And once you understand that, the more you understand that it's not worth it.

Being oblivious to what's truly in front of you can save so many things. Yet I know that if Mercy ever saw what I do, she would become like the rest of the world. She's too delicate and pure, yet strong and unique. It doesn't take a lot to see that she's been through a lot. And in the end, the entire point is that understanding everything around you can lead to series of events, and can protect you or hurt you. The thirst for knowledge is never ending and as much as you want to grasp it and understand. It will all fall into ash in front of you. Because to understand is to hurt, and to hurt is to lose. And losing is never an option.

M E R C Y

I fix my hair a bit and walk in with a bright smile and take my seat.

" Wow Mercy your alarm didn't go off today did it?" Sienna laughs, her eyes twinkling with the knowledge that I was with Blake.

Blake enters 10 minutes later, running his hands through his hair and sitting opposite me.
" So who won?" Sienna whispers while grinning.

" Me of course," I say, rolling my eyes.
" She's fast, I'll give you that," Blake smiles.
" What did you guys even do?" Sienna says quietly.

I look over and see Carson in deep conversation with someone else. " We just explored the forest," He shrugs, ignoring Sienna's suggestive smirk.

Already, I think it would be weird if Blake and I like liked each other. In fact, it's weird that I'be somehow landed myself in a gang and have people I can call friends.

The rest of the day was spent with me training with Blake. " Come on Mercy you're not usually this slow," Blake teases.
" No, it's just a pace you can't handle," I mutter back, concentrating on hitting him.

" Riiiggghhttt," He smirks, rolling his eyes and concentrating on what we're actually doing.

After a couple of hours, Carson walks into the room with a couple of others behind me. " We've got a shipping coming over later, meet me in the main hall in 5 minutes," He simply says before walking off.

" A shipment of what?" I ask, turning towards Blake.
" Weapons," Blake shrugs, fiddling with his shirt.
" And what are we supposed to do?" I say, trying to think of any possible reason why we should go for a weapon shipment.
" We protect it from any other gangs possibly attaching us for the weapons," He drawls, looking as if this is the most boring conversation of his life.

We run over to the main hall in which Carson tells us what we need to do and how. It turns out we're going to some port nearby and just watching the entire shipment.

Yay.

Although we did have to be discreet, Blake showed up in a motorcycle whilst I went in a car with the others. I clutched onto the small gun in my pocket, wondering as to what will happen next.

Lol to 'understand' I don't 'understand' half of what I've written but okay