"Forgotten" he smirked devilishly making my heart swell happily. "You're very pretty Jamie" he added running his hand up and down the side of my leg, honesty poured from his soul he spoke making me feel as if I would melt into a puddle on the floor.

Blushing my cheeks were heating up as he complimented me. "Thank you, Carter...You too... I mean-" I trailed off shyly as I felt my skin grow even warmer and I'm sure an embarrassing redness tainted my otherwise pale cheeks. Feeling uneasy about even trusting the words to make it from my brain to my mouth without me sounding like a total fool, I diverted my gaze in front of us focusing on the bartender who was sliding drinks along the counter.

"I'm pretty?" He chuckled once more, his voice echoing through the small booth. "Why thank you I credit my father for my Puerto Rican ethnicity" he grinned, gripping my thigh tugging me a little bit closer making my breath hitch in my throat. Our knees touched lightly making more sparks pulse through my body letting me know the mating process was beginning.

His smile grew, stretching ear to ear as he watched me with a delicate stare. "Don't make fun of me" I pouted fakely causing him to trail his hand up my side until it landed under my chin. Slowly he turned my jaw bringing my eyes to his again until they locked leaving us both speechless for a moment from the intense love our wolves felt already.

"I'm sorry, you're just easy to mess with" Carter grinned causing me to scoff and both of us to laugh in perfect unison. "I have to go" he abruptly said jumping from the secluded seating, his features turning serious as he glanced around the room his shoulders wide and ready to fight having his wolf on high alert.

"Now?" I shrieked slightly as he nodded steadily. Who just gets up and leaves in mid-conversation?! "Here" I blabbed pulling my phone from my bra making his eyes go wide and his focus to now be on my chest. "Dresses don't have pockets, don't judge," I stated matter-of-factly as I handed it to him. Rocking his head, he pushed away the thoughts I knew he wanted to voice.

Hey, I was not going to let my mate walk out without being able to contact him again. Swiftly he typed his number on my phone and handed it back. "I'm sorry to cut this short. Emergency pack business" he explained vaguely as I immediately nodded, understanding him only the way another wolf could do. "Make sure you call me... Tomorrow or even tonight" he insisted cutely causing his face to turn a light pink shade as if knowing he was sounding desperate.

"Okay," I agreed as he kissed my cheek softly, allowing his lips to pause briefly against my skin, taking in my scent in the process. As he pulled back it left my wolf and I wanting more, wanting to pull him back and force my lips on his. Here we stood, departing after a sort time of knowing one another, caught up in the euphoria of our meeting both believing we were on top of the world.

I watched Carter's strong sturdy back jog through the club until he disappears, leaving me alone in the corner. I considered going after him, but I did not want to seem clingy already. Besides, he said there was an emergency and I did not want to intrude. Sighing to myself I wished I had more time to spend with him now, but I knew we would be seeing each other again, soon. It was a time neither of us could wait for.

"Hey" an unknown male voice spoke from directly behind me causing me to jump with surprise and fear. I spun around to see a monstrously sized man standing well above me. Though I was an average height for a female standing at five foot four, he had at least a foot on me, if not more. His shaggy dirty blond hair gave him an effortless look as it clung to his forehead making his turquoise eyes pop. "You know Carter?" He questioned mysteriously peering up at the trail where Carter left, I nodded. Just by the way, he was built having muscles on top of muscles and the confident aura that surrounded him I knew he was not only a wolf but an Alpha. "I'm Nate," he told me not bothering to have the same manners as Carter and shake my hand. As I took a closer look at him, I could visibly see his couple day-old stubble on his face that completed his scruffy look and gave him a bad boy aesthetic.

"Jamie" I replied unfriendly crossing my arms over my chest stubbornly causing him to sigh with frustration.

"Usually I wouldn't do this but he is my Beta after all so I can cut him some slack. He's supposed to be working on some pack business but because he just met his mate I guess I can bring you to our house so you can get to know each other more" he offered politely, a charming smile growing on his face causing me to beam happily at his offer. Maybe I had been wrong all along and my nerves about sneaking into the club were unjust. In fact, this night keeps getting better and better and now I have Nate to thank for it.

I guess the saying is true do not judge a book by its cover. "Really? Are you sure?" I pried overjoyed as he bowed his head shifting past me and gesturing for me to follow him. Doing just that I leaped until I was standing directly behind him, his abnormal size shielding my body as we maneuvered through the swarm of people.

'I met my mate; I'm going to his packhouse. Will you be alright?' I asked Lynn through our mind link hoping she would allow me to leave.

'Yes! Go! Have fun you naughty girl, tomorrow I want details' she squealed making me giggle lightly as I glanced at where she had been dancing prior to seeing her lips locked with an attractive human.

"He would do the same for me," Nate told me leading me to believe that he and Carter were close friends. "My car is out here" he pointed to a back door as I followed him blindly barely able to contain my excitement about seeing Carter again. I have always heard that meeting your mate was some magical experience, one that you never forget, and after meeting them you cannot get enough of them. I never fully understood the love-struck stories until now. Now after just meeting Carter for a short period of time I wanted to be with him all the time. I wanted to look into his honey eyes, I desired to feel the burn as his skin touched mine. I needed to hear his laugh and I craved to feel his lips on mine.

As Nate opened the steel door, I expected to be in a parking lot though a dark alleyway was all that greeted me, pulling me from my mental worshipping of Carter. If it were not for the single yellow colored light above the doorway, I would not have been able to see in the backstreet. The heavy door slammed behind us as he spun so he was now facing me. A menacing evil look dominated his features as his once bright eyes were black making me shake with fear.

"W-w-what are you doin-g-g?" I stuttered helplessly as he stepped closer so I could not get away since all that was around was two brick walls that were closing me in. In an attempt to create distance, I stepped back, my bottom side hitting the cold metal door.

Slowly he inched closer, each second feeling like minutes. He let out a guttural chuckle that left my entire being quivering in fear. "Paying Carter back" he whispered huskily cocking his head sideways causing me to gulp as his gigantic arms gripped my hips roughly. Forcefully he shifted my body up against the wall, closing the small gap in between us. Ramming his lower half into mine, he allowed every groove of his body to mesh with mine. With no thought, his lips attacked my neck as I beat on his chest with all my power hoping and praying to remove him.

"Leave me alone!" I cried but he did not listen. His tongue grazed my flesh expertly and in any other case, I would have melted under his touch. Inhaling sharply, he held me tightly, savoring the moment. Suddenly Nate pulled back slightly and just when I thought he was going to back off he did the unexpected. He opened his mouth revealing his large canine teeth. "No!" I pleaded, wounding my fists in his shirt as I pushed against him. Slowly his tongue glided over them, flickering off when he hit the ends. Within a millisecond his teeth plunged deep into my flesh making me let out an ear-piercing scream though no one came to my rescue. I tried to call Lynn but the immense pain shooting through my body would not allow my wolf to communicate.

She was cowering in fear of the demon man that was overpowering us more and more with each second that past. I could feel the hot, salty tears burn my face as I pleaded with him to stop but he did not. "Please" I begged weakly though he ignored me only to grip my sides harder ignoring the pitiful whimpers escaping my lips.

My neck felt like it was on fire as his wolf controlled mine with little care. My knees began to shake at a rapid pace though he held me up as he continued dominating me. Feeling as though the life was being drained from me with every push of his teeth, I realized I could not stop him, he was too strong. All those stories of being marked by your mate and how magical it would feel flooded my brain. I would never get that because of him! He sucked harder on my skin, claiming me as his with every second that past. I could not object anymore; I could not fight back. A dizzy feeling came on followed by darkness as my body became limp and everything went black.